AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Several things could cause this, including a bunch of tolerances that stacked the wrong way.  Extending the feed ramps would probably solve the problem.

What amazes me, though, is that anyone would keep a HD gun/ammo combo that THEY HADN'T THOROUGHLY TESTED.  That's a good way to be killed.

-Troy

THANK YOU TROY!

Reading through this thread, I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to mention this or if I'd have to be the one.  To me, this is the bigger issue than how he operated the charging handle or whether or not he has M4 feed ramps.

Hardware and techniques aside, don't ever put something into service as a home/personal defense weapon until you have made sure it will work.  

You may feel that 68 OTM is a better home defense round than M193 -- but you know that M193 will go bang when you pull the trigger.  THAT is what matters when the rubber hits the road.

I know, I know.  I will glady receive the beatings that are due me for having commited so grave an error.  

BTW, could someone explain to me why tightening the mag catch solved the problem?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:When I did my homework on SPR rifles I read the military's SPR rifles were designed from the start to shoot Mk262 ammo and some rifles were built with extended feedramps. I decided I wasn't any smarter than they were and followed their thinking.

If such M4 feedramps were necessary, don't you think that ALL SPRs would have them?  By your own admission they do not.

Oh, I see now, I'm the final fucking authority on the SPR. Excuse while I write up a press release endorsing the extended feedramps.

I'm glad you left it to me to make the call. A lot of you are a little too thick to recognize a good idea when you see one. Fortunately for our troops, CRANE is not.

From another thread and a better source:

CRANE issue SPRs have M4 barrel extensions.

Those are the real thing and they were never meant to be machineguns, just sniper rifles.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=269522

CRANE Picture Thread
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=143864
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
OK Bullseye_Doc_Holiday you've got me by paying member.
There is room for a Doc and Glock Holiday out there in cyberspace..

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
you mean this pic?

ETA:  I'll be dammed ( "you may indeed, if you get lucky)  I thought your avatar stayed with the post, guess not.  I had the other pic, but it looked a little too squashed to me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
no thanks, I think I'll stick with this one
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Muy Bien.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top