User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

He thinks shooting terrorists is better than shooting rabbits, and you make shots as his religion?

WTF is wrong with you?  

Do any of you people ever get out of your little section of the world and try to open your eyes?  Stop and think about differences in culture, what an embarassment some of you are.  

Actually I was commenting on the appropriateness of a kosher food comment in a rabbit-whacking thread. Of course killing terrorists is better than killing rabbits. This isn't a thread ABOUT culture.. it's about nuking hoppers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He thinks shooting terrorists is better than shooting rabbits, and you make shots as his religion?

WTF is wrong with you?  

Do any of you people ever get out of your little section of the world and try to open your eyes?  Stop and think about differences in culture, what an embarassment some of you are.  

hr

Actually I was commenting on the appropriateness of a kosher food comment in a rabbit-whacking thread. Of course killing terrorists is better than killing rabbits. This isn't a thread ABOUT culture.. it's about nuking hoppers.

Hear Hear!!  I had Elmer Fudd stuck in my head the entire weekend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only a fool would eat a jackrabbit.  There's a reason they are considered a pest.  They generally carry at least one type of fungus or infection.  And I haven't seen one in years that wasn't covered in fleas and ticks.

hr

I have eaten many, and served them at the Hun Farm.  No complaints here.  Just like cleaning a hog, keep your hands clean, use lots of fresh water when cleaning.

Jackrabbits are good eatin.

TRG

No kidding??  I was told not to eat them. Anyways, after hitting them with a .223 there was little left to eat but if you have a good recipe let me know. We might be going back sooner than last thought.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?  

Kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit...

If you guys ever feel like assassinating some rabbits or prairie rats closer to Bend, shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?  

hr

Hear Hear!!  I had Elmer Fudd stuck in my head the entire weekend. hr

Kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit... hoot

If you know of any around here, I'm there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Good shots.

Max
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?  

hr

Hear Hear!!  I had Elmer Fudd stuck in my head the entire weekend. hr

Kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit... hoot

I would jump at the chance to hit some pararie dogs from afar, just tell me when and where .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
You got to chase them rabbits down with a ATV or a pick up and shot them on the run
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?  

Kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit...

If you guys ever feel like assassinating some rabbits or prairie rats closer to Bend, shoot me a PM.

If you know of any around here, I'm there.

I'd make a trip down from Portland for it. I always wondered about eating them. Everybody arround here acts like I'm nuts when I talk about eating rabbits. I thought it was a west coast thing. Same with squirrel. Of course, I haven't seen any squirrels worth eating arround here. We used to use 22's for rabbit back home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:00:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats some carnage straight out of Watership down!
Looks like fun. Be safe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#14]
What High School did you guys go to ( I am a Bend High grad 1992)? How long you been in little LA, California (I mean Bend).  Edited to add that I currently live in Burns and have taken a few jacks with my AR and FMJ ammo does really screw em up!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
RedGoat, I would like to take you up on that challenge.

I have tried to cook jackrabbit, and failed miserably... they're just too stringy, and refuse to get tender no matter what I do (and I am pretty experienced in the kitchen).  Sure they're very closely related to domestic rabbits, but South Texas jackrabbits are (in my experience) impossible to make palatable (though I guess if it was that or starve you could survive briefly on them).  They're just all fiber and tendon... I've tried slow roasting, braising, stewing and they still just don't break down into anything that looks even vaguely edible.  Cottontails, on the other hand, are a different story (and yes, 5.56 is way too much gun for them).

And just out of curiosity, why couldn't rabbit be kosher?  Gotta ask the Israelis about that one....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#16]
RedGoat, I would like to take you up on that challenge.

I have tried to cook jackrabbit, and failed miserably... they're just too stringy, and refuse to get tender no matter what I do (and I am pretty experienced in the kitchen).  Sure they're very closely related to domestic rabbits, but South Texas jackrabbits are (in my experience) impossible to make palatable (though I guess if it was that or starve you could survive briefly on them).  They're just all fiber and tendon... I've tried slow roasting, braising, stewing and they still just don't break down into anything that looks even vaguely edible.  Cottontails, on the other hand, are a different story (and yes, 5.56 is way too much gun for them).

And just out of curiosity, why couldn't rabbit be kosher?  Gotta ask the Israelis about that one....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Stupid doubletap.

Btw I found out why they aren't kosher (duh).
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#20]
peta doesn't like you...

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
hope you got one of the private rooms....
Any girl whos dad has a ranch is worth marrying....or as I tell people

"I dont want a wedding ring...I want a wedding ranch"

Well I guess i better stay in texas for that to ever happen

nice pics!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What High School did you guys go to ( I am a Bend High grad 1992)? How long you been in little LA, California (I mean Bend).  Edited to add that I currently live in Burns and have taken a few jacks with my AR and FMJ ammo does really screw em up!

I graduated from Newport, OR in 2000.  Been here for 3 years now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Take me up on it? Hell, invite me down sometime to hunt them. I'll cook them up for ya

If I could get away from work for anything but sleep right now it'd be on....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hunting is going out and taking game for the dinner table, what you did is Jack Rabbit assasination.  I got no problem with that but don't call it hunting.

v. hunt·ed, hunt·ing, hunts
v. tr.

1. To pursue (game) for food or sport.
  2. To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.
  3. To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.
  4. To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.
  5. To seek out; search for.
  6. To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#26]
How did you have your sling attaced to the front sight post? I didnt see a sling thing, was it just a piece of nylon wrapped around the handguard?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
oo my god.....r u boring or something??? instead of killing rabbits go to Iraq and kill there terrorists! where is your heart?

Does this make you feel better? http://csnwn.bendtel.net/derek/Jackrabbit%20Jihad.jpg
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
peta doesn't like you...

<------------  HELL YES I DO LIKE HIM!

Crap, whats not to like, a fellow OR AR15 totin bunny slayin guru.  He's my pal and I have yet to speak to him!

We always make treks over to the east side but more around the Warner Valley area to feed the yotes.

As for eatin those damn things, tell ya what.  Kill one, let it lay around for a few hours then go back and look at the 3" long worm that crawled outta its ass looking for a warmer home.  Would you eat that?  If so, TRG you are more than welcome to come and follow me around and pick the pieces off of the sage brush when I'm done.  Q3131A does a number on them, close and far away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How did you have your sling attaced to the front sight post? I didnt see a sling thing, was it just a piece of nylon wrapped around the handguard?

Mine wraps around the butt and a nylon cord attaches it the front of the rifle just before the sight post around the handgaurd.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top