User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I dont see how this is possible, are you just shitting us?

I wish I was, Now I have 1000 rounds that I won't shoot.  I'm affraid that that will be Federals response too.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/238881.jpg

Ok, I am now 99.9% sure that it is a pretzel stick, which leaves out accidental placement in said round (unless they also make pretzels in the same machines).  I am beginning to think sabotage here.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as contact info?  I went to the Federal website and just about got lost.  

check the box for any alergy warnings....like the food that states "this product has been made in a plant which contains peanuts"

maybe federal and lake city is actually a front for their real business.......Rold Gold!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You should seriously consider contacting Federal about this.  It is unlikely that this was an accident and considering this they really should know that someone on the line might be putting pretzals in their product.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You should seriously consider contacting Federal about this.  It is unlikely that this was an accident and considering this they really should know that someone on the line might be putting pretzals in their product.

+1000

CALL FEDERAL and let us know what they say.

That "PD" ammo is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...they really should know that someone on the line might be putting pretzals in their product.

This is pretty serious but hilarious at the same time...

Pretzels in a cartridge, who would have figured....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Now I know what the PD stands for -- Pretzel Depository.

Hey maybe they could market XM193PD as their new "survival" line of ammo.  "Eat it or shoot it, you choose!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammoman has posted a few days ago that he'd be raising the price soon on this 'PD' crap.  Now when he gets wind of the 'extras' included he'll raise the price even higher!

But seriously, I think he won't be able to give it away with all the exposure of its problems.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now I know what the PD stands for -- Pretzel Depository.

Hey maybe they could market XM193PD as their new "survival" line of ammo.  "Eat it or shoot it, you choose!"

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:13:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh swell. I've got 1,000 round of  the loose XM193 inbound from SG.  

It will be interested to see what Federal says about this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont see how this is possible, are you just shitting us?

I wish I was, Now I have 1000 rounds that I won't shoot.  I'm affraid that that will be Federals response too.  

They will probably blow you off, but be persistent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the work of an anti-war do-gooder at best; a muslim terrorist working at the plant at worst.

If they can slip pretzels into shell casings, they can slip other things as well.  Think about the ammo we  "left" for the VC to find.

Contact your congresesman, cc the letter to FBI and Homeland security.  

This was no accident, and it needs investigation RFN!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#12]
They will probably blow you off, but be persistent

That's why you should also tell them you are contacting the US Army as well.  

I happen to believe Federal will take it seriously.  You may want to consider that perhaps they have other reports of this and that your experience is already a reported trend.  

It may turn out that this event is sabotage and not just a prank.  

I'm going to look for a number tomorrow for you to call.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is the place to start:

Rep. Duncan Hunter Chairman House Armed Services Comm.

Main Page House Armed Services Comm

Phone #'s for HASC

These are the folks that write the check for ammo bought by Uncle Sam and sent to our troups.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Can you say "sabotage"? During WWII slave labor working in labor camp factories would often sabotage munitions. The enemy is within.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I just submitted this as a possible story idea to Fox News... Maybe Geraldo or someone can do some kind of investigative story about it...hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#16]
C'mon folk, a pretzel for sabotage?

Wouldn't it be easier and less likely to be traced if they dumped all the powder out of the case.  That way the soldier would pop off an empty shell?  We don't know how the assembly line works so we don't even know if this is possible.

None of us know what a pretzel lodged in the case will do?  And neither does the saboteur.

No if it were sabotage, there would probably be something else more like to cause a kaboom like nails or something.  Rigging small arm ammo is a waste also.  Billions go out, it serves no purpose and has zero impact.

Again, we don't know the process.  Supposed PD is ammo that has not been inspected and has been rejected by the factory because it is incapable of being properly inspected and therefore shouldn't go to the troops?

Doesn't mean you should persue this, tho.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
C'mon folk, a pretzel for sabotage?
We don't know how the assembly line works so we don't even know if this is possible.

I agree. I think sabotage is unlikely.  I'm thinking some dumbass' pretzels fell into the powder and ended up in a cartridge.

I don't know how the manufacturing process is for making massive quanitiies of  ammunition. I can tell you for sure that these rounds are being made at very high speed and  I would think it would be impossible to introduce a pretzel into a cartridge at this point. I would think all of the componets are hopper fed and if a pretzel was already in the casing it would fall out in the feeder bowls or when the primer is inserted. I'm thinking it would have to be in the powder. Just my .02

I'm also surprised the pretzel just didn't get crushed when the bullet was inserted.

How far short was it of being seated?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Note to self; no snack food while reloading.

Seriously a pretzel in a round would have little chance of causing a problem. Reloaders use all kinds of fillers when shooting cast bullets including oatmeal. You could probably shoot that round and not even notice any difference from normal. My guess is accidental contamination or someone on the line thinking this was a funny prank not ‘terrorist’ . Either way it should be reported to the manufacturer.

Rich V
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I once found in a used condom in a shotshell from federal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#20]
TAG
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Somebody was snacking around the powder machine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#22]
a tasty prize in every case.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#23]
For any who wants to sell their PD ammo please let me know.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a case of M855PD at a gun show today - $175 for 1,000 rnds - last case the guy had ( or so he said lol).......The ammo looks good so far ( at the top of the case) but some of the brass is really tarnished - like it was sitting out in the rain for a week before it was boxed up. I also have green paint on the casings themselves in some cases ( which I could care less about). All  I care about is that it shoots - and doesnt kill me in the process...........I'll update this if I find anything dangerous - so far just crappy looking brass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for Federal's response...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
tag for Federal's response...

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
A Slim Jim would make more sense considering who this stuff is meant to be used on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#30]
must be than stick powder I heard about. seriously I would badger Federal about it. Tell em ya posted  here about it  too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When the US was fighting gureilla muslims in Indonesia (phillipines?) at the turn of the last century we dipped our bullets in pig fat and dumped buckets of lard on the piles of enemy dead, and made a point of advertising it.  The conflict ended quickly.  We seemed to have not advanced itoday n our methods of warfare, but retreated

Snopes

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#32]
"Hey, you got gunpowder in my pretzels."

"No! You got your pretzels in my gunpowder. And together they're really great!"

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I just submitted this as a possible story idea to Fox News... Maybe Geraldo or someone can do some kind of investigative story about it...

I do hope that you are joking.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#36]
ALLERGY WARNING: This ammuition is manufactured with equipment that also processes peanuts and peanut products.

ETA - oops, didn't see that was already posted!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#37]
<Kramer>THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!<Kramer>
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't believe anyone would buy that crap after the 1st horrible review!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I can't believe anyone would buy that crap after the 1st horrible review!

+1000.

Thats a ridiculous price for 3rd rate ammo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I never found a pretzel in my Wolf ammo!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I never found a pretzel in my Wolf ammo!

Not like you would know it!  AK's will run on pretzels!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#43]
How did you get the pretzel stick out in one piece?  Where I come from pretzel sticks are also about 22 cal....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#44]
    Sounds like somebody is going to get some free ammo!    I never find any cool stuff in my ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#45]
wtf bro
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
How did you get the pretzel stick out in one piece?  Where I come from pretzel sticks are also about 22 cal....

I used some tweezers to get in there pull it out, it was smaller in diameter, but tough to get out because all of the powder stuck to it.  Still haven't called yet, trying to get correct contact info reguarding Lake City produced product.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I know

Remember crackerjacks toy inside.

This is just a marketing sceme. Ammojacks surprise in every round

It is still f-ed up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/238881.jpg

Ok, I am now 99.9% sure that it is a pretzel stick, which leaves out accidental placement in said round (unless they also make pretzels in the same machines).  I am beginning to think sabotage here.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as contact info?  I went to the Federal website and just about got lost.  

Best post of the day...

holy shit this is classic..

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Couldn't find a phone number that seemed right so long email sent to ATK.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Hell I was just joking. In my 577-450 Martini-Henry, I use carded wool on top of the powder and then a beeswax scrubber wad on top of that. Smells like I am shooting sheep out of the barrel. Works great  even if it smells like hell. But, during WWII, the Germans used to leave behind specially prepared grenades to be found by the Russians. NO delay on the fuse. When you pulled the arming cord...BOOM.

I recall years ago that there where warnings about using 7.62x39 ammo brought back from Vietnam. Supposedly we had some special rounds made up for the enemie's enjoyment.  Instead of powder they were loaded with C-4. That would ruin your day. Don't know if it is true or not.

Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top