AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It fails to meet the FBI's minimum penetration requirement of 12" in bare ballistic gelatin.

So, Do I need to carry a knife with a 12 inch blade

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably just as good as LeMas
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think an ice bullet would work better

Mythbusters already debunked this one, sorry
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw these guys pushing this stuff at a gun show once. What a bunch of BS. They don't seem to understand physics or physiology.  (DId I spell that right?)

Anyway, save your money. This stuff doesn't even rank being called "Snake Oil".
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OMG!  I was about to post a topic asking about them and I saw this thread.  LOL!  So what ever happened to LeMas and their Bimetal wunder bullet anyway?

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i dont know guys, this guy kicked the snot out of a cantaloupe

The review is true, (despite the horrid grammar) DRT rounds are as effective as claimed. I tried a box at various distances and these are accurate up to 300 yards, (as far as I was shooting) and these things completely destroyed a cantaloupe.

LOL!  At least LeMas was using a hunk of ham to test their bimetal "scientific break through, somebody should have won a noble price in Physics / Material Science for this" wunderprojo.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG!  I was about to post a topic asking about them and I saw this thread.  LOL!  So what ever happened to LeMas and their Bimetal wunder bullet anyway?

Debunked by Dr. Gary K. Roberts

. . . The 5.56 mm ammo shipped to us by modog consists of bullets with an ave weight of 45.0 gr made using standard swaged copper jackets and lead-antimony cores––these molybdenum disulfide coated bullets are completely conventional in every way and use no blended metals, exotic materials, bonding, or other unusual construction. These bullets are identical in every respect, down to the elemental level, as commercially produced .223 varmint rifle bullets. . .

LINK

LeMas ammunition was found to simply be COTS bullets from various manufactures (Nosler, Hornady, and others) loaded to very high pressures and velocities. Dr Robers had a SEM analysis performed and found no blended metal or other exotic materials present in the bullets and compostition was consistant with standard lead from the above manufactures. Furthermore many of the loads appeared to exceed safe presure limits in the persuit of velocity. Basically Lemas sells hopped up varmint load loaded to astronomical pressure, and lies about it. End of story.

LINK

l've found several links purported to go directly to DocGKR's original report, but none of them worked when I tried them.

ETA  Better yet, go to http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Exotic_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm.  LeMas is covered 2/3 down the page.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]

If you bury some in your yard, it'll keep the gophers out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is just the top of the line Ammo.  They also offer some other loadings:

"Pretty Dang Quick Death" - $20
"You're Not Going Anywhere" - $15
"Mostly Dead" - $10
"Got A Bad Feeling About This" - $7
"Malingering Cough (.25 and 22 short ONLY) - $5

I'm saving up for a case of "Got A Bad Feeling About This", and I just can't get over "Malingering Cough"
My buddy shot a deer with "Mostly Dead" and had to finish it off with "You're Not Going Anywhere"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top