User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 244
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know this isn't the proper place to ask but I'm wondering what the main difference between staked gas keys and non-staked are.

Does the stake mean that those allen bolts have been locked from backing out or loosening up?

Any info is appreciated.

You pretty much got it.  

The gas key is deformed or pushed onto the gas key bolts so they don't loosen up while shooting.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this isn't the proper place to ask but I'm wondering what the main difference between staked gas keys and non-staked are.

Does the stake mean that those allen bolts have been locked from backing out or loosening up?

Any info is appreciated.

You pretty much got it.  

The gas key is deformed or pushed onto the gas key bolts so they don't loosen up while shooting.

Thanks for info. I was just making a logical guess by looking at the indents in the gas key.

Hopefully I can find a BCG for my 1st AR /  build :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
this combo is in stock (not bad for $200)

http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-nickel-boronhardcore-charging-handlehammer-3329.html

if you deduct $20 for charging handle and $15-$20 for hammer, it's nickel boron coated BCG for $160, which is not bad at all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-nickel-boronhardcore-charging-handlehammer-3329.html

if you deduct $20 for charging handle and $15-$20 for hammer, it's nickel boron coated BCG for $160, which is not bad at all.

Says it's out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
was not few minutes ago ... :(
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sonofabitch

I've been going over every damn site that carries BCG's daily, multiple times, and I missed this?

Fuck me.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have had that item setup for notification for 2 weeks  and I didn't get an email?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have had that item setup for notification for 2 weeks  and I didn't get an email?

Pretty sure they sell out before the email system has a chance to kick out a message to everyone.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
if you look at the Main product list...it look like its in stock because it has options in that product.  Both options are listed as out of stock.....

Possibly this is what he saw and just right-clicked on the link to copy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have the best ETA for BCG's arrivals? Best I've seen was Mid January. I'll do a back order for mid-january.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone have the best ETA for BCG's arrivals? Best I've seen was Mid January. I'll do a back order for mid-january.

http://jtdistributing.net/store/product558.html

now :P
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#12]
anybody know if that J&T distributing is any good?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Marked price 127

252 per in cart. No thanks. And it's all I need to complete 2 builds :(
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Marked price 127

I'm about to pull the trigger on it..... Last part needed..... Supply and demand is a kick in the sack
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
anybody know if that J&T distributing is any good?

J&T is afiliated with Double Star
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/JandT-Distributing-t100018.html&p=1366725
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Marked price 127

I think their cart may be having issues. Their more expensive, chrome lined carrier group is ringing up the correct price at around $180.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marked price 127

I think their cart may be having issues. Their more expensive, chrome lined carrier group is ringing up the correct price at around $180.

For me the non chrome has list price of $124.99 but has a cart price of $252.98.

The chrome has a list price of $184.99 but is showing up in my cart at $312.98.

This appears to be blatant price gouging of the highest order.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#18]
For me everything is in the cart at the correct price but the front page says pretty much everything is out of stock, so on I go with the searching.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#19]
$252 and $312 for me as well. They can keep them at that price. The stripped bolt carriers seem to be showing up for what it should be. Though as was already mentioned the front page says they are back ordered on "some parts" so I seriously doubt if they actually have any. Wish I had the funds to start buying parts up 2 months ago like I had planned on. But then my car's transmission went out. Oh well. We'll get our bolt carriers eventually.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm new here and new to the AR community so I don't really know what's good or bad in the way of components but I'm trying to build an AR so I'm learning. I realize I picked the worst time to get involved but oh well, what can you do?  Anyway, I was able to order a bolt from botachtactical and didn't appear to be on back order. Anyone know if the bolts on their site are descent?  Thanks for the advice and hopefully it won't be back ordered but we will see.

http://www.botachtactical.com/wmdnibocagr.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm new here and new to the AR community so I don't really know what's good or bad in the way of components but I'm trying to build an AR so I'm learning. I realize I picked the worst time to get involved but oh well, what can you do?  Anyway, I was able to order a bolt from botachtactical and didn't appear to be on back order. Anyone know if the bolts on their site are descent?  Thanks for the advice and hopefully it won't be back ordered but we will see.

http://www.botachtactical.com/wmdnibocagr.html

From reading other threads recently, I heard that place is pretty awful..
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]
When your order is placed, if your email address if valid you will get an email confirmation. Please do not call in to confirm that your order has been placed or to get an ETA. Orders are most likely not in stock and we do not have any ETA’s at this time. We do not charge your card for the order until the day that your order is ready to be shipped.

J&T

It appears that they are gouging you on parts that they do not even have yet. You are not only getting it dry but waiting in line for it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Good info. Thanks. I just canceled the order. What are your thoughts on this:

http://www.huldraarms.com/uppers/product_82267439a76c/
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
It says BCGs are in stock here.

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ar15-complete-bolt-carrier-groups-parts.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#25]
It says BCGs are in stock here.

showsup as  back ordered when put in cart
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When your order is placed, if your email address if valid you will get an email confirmation. Please do not call in to confirm that your order has been placed or to get an ETA. Orders are most likely not in stock and we do not have any ETA’s at this time. We do not charge your card for the order until the day that your order is ready to be shipped.

J&T

It appears that they are gouging you on parts that they do not even have yet. You are not only getting it dry but waiting in line for it.

That's why I didnt pull the trigger on the BCG. It seems as if they have to build them first. Might as well jump on a waiting list, and hope IF they do pass a ban, that they won't ban parts also. It's going to take awhile to get all the parts back into distributors.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody know anything about this company?  Is their stock real time or on  a delay?  Shows they have BCG in stock:

UPDATE:  Never mind. When you try to add to cart, it says they are backordered. Dangit.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't know if they're in or out of stock as it doesn't say but I ordered one anyway. I guess we'll see.

DPMS BCG
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Surely there are LOTS of BCGs siting at FedEx and ups waiting to be delivered to retailers after the holidays. Unless ever single one of them is being used in complete weapons.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Surely there are LOTS of BCGs siting at FedEx and ups waiting to be delivered to retailers after the holidays. Unless ever single one of them is being used in complete weapons.

I bet a lot of companies are hoarding them for upper builds right now, I'm still guessing a few weeks or months before we see them on the dealers sites.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't know if they're in or out of stock as it doesn't say but I ordered one anyway. I guess we'll see.

DPMS BCG

Keep us posted if you don't mind.  I actually emailed DPMS to ask if they were truly in stock.  I will let you know what i hear.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DPMS BCG

Keep us posted if you don't mind.  I actually emailed DPMS to ask if they were truly in stock.  I will let you know what i hear.

When you click on the refund tab to look at their policy, it doesn't show anything related to refunds. Kinda fishy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered the WMD from Botach last night.  I know I'm taking my chances with their spotty reputation for customer service but given the current market I'll take the chance.  Sure beats paying double or triple for something at this point.

They already charged my card and sent me a confirmation email so we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I ordered the WMD from Botach last night.  I know I'm taking my chances with their spotty reputation for customer service but given the current market I'll take the chance.  Sure beats paying double or triple for something at this point.

They already charged my card and sent me a confirmation email so we'll see what happens.

I would like to know if they are really in stock.  Finding BCG's is so hard right now as it seems only 1/3 or so of dealers have live stock sites.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DPMS BCG

When you click on the refund tab to look at their policy, it doesn't show anything related to refunds. Kinda fishy.

I decided to be the guinea pig. I will keep you updated on if I get an email saying that it was shipped.  I figured if it's in stock, great I finally have all the parts to finish my first build. If it's out of stock I will have have a spare someday down the road.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I just bought a spare left handed bolt from Stag.  As well as a few firing pins, retaining pin, cam pins, bolt repair kit.  Seems everything is in stock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just bought a spare left handed bolt from Stag.  As well as a few firing pins, retaining pin, cam pins, bolt repair kit.  Seems everything is in stock.

Man, ya had me all excited.  Looks like all the BCGs are in stock except the 5.56 that I need. Lol.  damn
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_13&products_id=168

122 in stock... hurry...... if your desperate
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to know if they are really in stock.  Finding BCG's is so hard right now as it seems only 1/3 or so of dealers have live stock sites.

Same here but I'm about to take a gamble and put in a order for one since they've been pretty good to me so far..... but we'll see
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Seems that Blackthorneproducts.com has a WHOLE list of " FYI's " on their homepage. I suggest reading the homepage all the way to the bottom before placing an order. They clearly state that, although the product seems to be " in stock " there is currently a 20-30 working day waiting time. Just a heads up. If you're desperate, either pay the Gouged prices on Ebay or gunbroker. If not, you gotta wait. Seems everything is on backorder or a long wait.

I got lucky, I order 3 lowers ( 2 stripped, 1 complete ) 3 weeks before this craziness. I picked them up the day of the Tragedy in Newtown. Windham built my upper fast ( minus the BCG ). I'm still stuck without a BCG.... I'm still deciding to wait it out, or pay the " Supply and demand " prices. I'm going to give my gun shops within driving distance a call, before I throw myself to the Wolves.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here but I'm about to take a gamble and put in a order for one since they've been pretty good to me so far..... but we'll see

The last thing I needed for the build - Hopefully It in stock and ready to be shipped.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I have two builds that I need these for too and I can't find them anywhere and I refuse to pay $300 to $400 for a BCG.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I order a DD bcg on Midway usa on back order said estimate 2/7/13 in stock checked today it was change to 6/7/13 I need 2 we just wait awhile until everyone gets caught up
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Based on some of the comments from others on Botach's service, I emailed them to cancel my order that I placed yesterday. They replied today and cancelled the order.  The search for a BCG continues....

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my BCG! Made a deal with a very nice seller on Gunbroker and even got free shipping! On to a barrel and I'm mostly set!
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just got my BCG! Made a deal with a very nice seller on Gunbroker and even got free shipping! On to a barrel and I'm mostly set!

How much did you have to pay, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the ones on gunbroker appear to be over $300..
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it for $225 with free shipping. DPMS brand, so shouldnt be too bad!
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I order a DD bcg on Midway usa on back order said estimate 2/7/13 in stock checked today it was change to 6/7/13 I need 2 we just wait awhile until everyone gets caught up

I was thinking about jumping on their waiting list. From what I heard through other forums, their estimation is very off. They post the estimation based on what the manufacturer tells them.

Link Posted: 12/31/2012 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I know I was just wishing they would br right been on BCM site everyday looking but it seems like this wait will be very long. still trying to get some lowers in my area.
Page / 244
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top