Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What do you guys think about 40rd mags?  I see alot of talk about 20's and 30's.

Stay away from the 40s. All the 40s are crap except for the Sterling mags (they run almost $100).

Stick with 20s and 30s for important tasks. Also the MGW 90s and BetaC 100s are fun range mags.

If you hunt some states require 5 round mags. They can be found with a little looking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF is this 87 thing all about?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a PMI 40 and it runs good, I've got 80 rounds through it now with ZERO problems, I'll put another 80 through it this week.

While it's not in my bug out and go bag, it's fun at the rock pits....

I have 20-30 rounders... I'd like more, but there are other things I need before more magazines...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
With my current finacial situatino (read: Bad) I'd feel comfortable with 5 30 round USGI mags wil MagPul followers.  150 rounds loaded up and ready to go...isn't all that much.  But then I'm not going to be assaulting a fortified position.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only got two AR's.
But I got about 90 30's, 8 straight 20's, and a beta-C.
Now all I need is a deal on 100 Magpul Gen II followers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF is this 87 thing all about?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
How many is enough?

When you run out of room.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The Marines issue 7 with each rifle (or used to, when I was in). That plus a couple range mags and a couple spares is a good place to start. There's never been a better time than right now to buy them - you can get new USGI with green followers for around $10.

I like to keep a few 20-rounders for shooting off the bench, and for the ultra-light carbine I sometimes take hiking.

And, of course, you're required to own a token Beta-mag.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How many is enough?

Now thats an interesting answer. So what you are saying is that when I get a house with a garage, I am going to go broke if I have craploads of space in there :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How many is enough?

Now thats an interesting answer. So what you are saying is that when I get a house with a garage, I am going to go broke if I have craploads of space in there :)

No, he is saying that unless you are homeless on the street, you should be buying magazines and putting them in whatever space you can find. If you are homeless, you should be buying magazines until your shopping cart overflows.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top