Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Getting a hold of their SA 80 mags recently was a real pain.  If i wouldn't have had letterhead and an FFL, I don't think I'd have gotten the mags.  HK is a little too restrictive in my book.

Sounds pretty consistent for the management culture at HK. While they seem to be putting out HG's w/o much fuss, I haven't seen them do anything about their rather abysmal long-gun line (Those abortive SL-8 & USC knock-offs don't cut it) since before the '94 Crime Billary.

OTOH, while selling uppers is totally legal even now, the legal climate in this country plain blows. It isn't hard to imagine the sort of legal quagmire that could be fallen into w/o much effort. I don't imagine H&K is into selling uppers alone, though nothing prevents them from doing so. I am peeved at that company's seemingly unfriendly stance, but I can't quite ignore the legal problems in the current climate, either. I imagine most gun makers that are selling in the private sector are already dealing with their fair share of legal headaches.

At any rate, if Lee & Larry are corect, my money is on a better mousetrap from LMT.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top