User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
R 6551 four digit ser#  should I get rid of it ,because it just dosn't measure up now!!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why do so many threads turn into Colt vs. Every Other AR Maker?

Why can't we be friends?!

“Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it” - Lord Byron

I think that that this is the most stupid subject talked about on AR15.COM. Almost all brands  made today are good to go. If You cant afford or justify the money  for a Colt then deal with it. If someone wants to spend more money for a IMHO a slightly better product then so be it.
I prefer Colts  but have never bashed a different brand because I have respect for people on this site and I am not going to shit on there choice of rifles. = Rant off=
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do so many threads turn into Colt vs. Every Other AR Maker?

Why can't we be friends?!

“Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it” - Lord Byron

I think that that this is the most stupid subject talked about on AR15.COM. Almost all brands  made today are good to go. If You cant afford or justify the money  for a Colt then deal with it. If someone wants to spend more money for a IMHO a slightly better product then so be it.
I prefer Colts  but have never bashed a different brand because I have respect for people on this site and I am not going to shit on there choice of rifles. = Rant off=

WORD!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hold it-- I have a Colt and it's. . . . . 1 in 9!   WTF???

Colt sells some 1/9 too.  The LE6721, for example.
I have no need to shoot the heavy nonsense, so I bought that model.

+1
also denny, GTS has a great 1:7!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hold it-- I have a Colt and it's. . . . . 1 in 9!   WTF???

Mine is 1 in 12........

m e 2  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer 1:9 and also have a 1:12. Seeing as how I'm not a special forces counter sniper shooting insurgents at 500m, I could care less about shooting 77-100 grain bullets.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I prefer 1:9 and also have a 1:12. Seeing as how I'm not a special forces counter sniper shooting insurgents at 500m, I could care less about shooting 77-100 grain bullets.

+ 100000000000000

i can hit you twice at 600 if i need to with my 1:12 and 55grns

i just can't afford any of the heavy loads and don't feel i need them...there is always a .308

eta...00.02
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

WTF you would want a non-tested and proofed bolt and barrel for is beyond me. ....

Preach it, brother!  Not a day goes by when I don't hear a story about Bushmaster barrels blowing up because they weren't individually MP tested.  Given the tens of thousands of Bushmaster rifles sold every year, hundreds of them are undoubtedly blowing up every day.  

Keep paying $200 for a completely unecessary $2 test on your rifle, if you want to.  It's a free country.

Meanwhile, if anyone has ANY evidence that MP testing individual barrels (instead of batches) makes ANY different to reliablity, safety, durability, etc - I would love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I will only buy COLT because of the quality!! I also love kool-aid!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing better than Colt-besides when you guy's refer to your rifle as a  "Bushy" sounds like you should join th ARAFAG forum.Just my humble opinion-out
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nothing better than Colt-besides when you guy's refer to your rifle as a  "Bushy" sounds like you should join th ARAFAG forum.Just my humble opinion-out

At least we don't live in California where the AR is illegal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I could not agree more-the gun laws suck, as soon as my kids grow up I will sell my house and and get out of here. Then I will have some money to lend you Bushy and after market fans so you can go buy a real rifle. See ya  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I would much rather buy .170 spares than have to get a new receiver extension, new front sight post, etc to replace parts that should have been made right to begin with.

So, what you are saying is that the standard size is wrong because Colt makes their civvie lowers in .170?  Come on, we all know why colt did that, and it's a non-issue.  Everyone except colt uses the "normal" size, and colt mucked it up by using a larger size.  Blaming everyone else for being normal while colt is abnormal, is asanine.

Also, in past posts, you were asking why someone would buy a non-milspec part.  Then you proceeded to say that any FCG that was not .170 was not made right.  The normal size is MIL-Spec.  I promise you, you won't find a Colt military m-4/m16 with the .170 FCG.  

It's eithor mil-spec or it isn't, and .170 is NOT.  It's eithor right, or not, and .170 is NOT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to say. . .  I payed more for my 1st Bushy than I did for my Colt. . . . ouch I know!
Colt 6530 Deluxe lightweight 16" no FH
Bushy M4-A1 16" Birdcage
Bushy A2 HBAR 14.5" Vortex

And if I had to pick the best shooter of the three rifles, I'd go with my Colt any day. . . . not for the name, and it is camo painted over, so you can't tell what it is hardly, but it flat shoots better and more accurately than the other two I have. . . . My Colt is 1:7 and my two Bushy's are 1:9

IMHO, . . . My two cents worth, . . .  and with the utmost respect for Bushy. . . . . My Colt rules this house. It is my go to weapon.

P.S. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for buying Colt. . . . sheesh.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top