Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't own an AIMPOINT, but I love my EOTECH
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a better representation of what you see through an EOTech with normal vision.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint here but I do like the Eotech as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Both are good (I've owned two of each) but I prefer the eotechs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I currently own both the Aimpoint M3 and Eotech 552 and keep the eotech on one of my rifles and the aimpoint in reserve...just like the aiming speed of the eotech...I bought the eotech first and thought I would prefer the aimpoint...I was wrong......but try both and which ever works best for you...Both are great optics!!!(red Dot)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It sounds like the EO tech have it!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i have no experience with the Aimpoint but i chose the EOTech for the larger FoV.

i'm happy with my decision.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought the Eotech Satiurday, and was so fired up to use it I drove thru Sunday's torrential downpour to try it out.
Aimpoint wasn't being considered, it was between the Eotech and the Trijicon reflex.
I expect that I will get used to it, but I had some difficulty because of the big ring; it was like it was obscuring details within the ring, making it hard to find the exact aiming point.
I guess I'm saying it's too "busy"; too much going on ... the single dot might have been easier to pinpoint.
My advice would be to try both on friend's rifles, if possible, outside the store.

I also think I'd like it better if I had a rear BUIS for co-witnessing; the store didn't have one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
My sentiments exactly.... the ring makes it too "busy".

Much prefer a dot. But aimpoint is 4 MOA, so, I am kinda leaning towards saying F it and going with irons.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top