Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
50 BMG 200 gr. SMBTSP 5900 fps / 19329 flbs

Now THAT is impressive, purely from a velocity standpoint.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
50 BMG 200 gr. SMBTSP 5900 fps / 19329 flbs

Now THAT is impressive, purely from a velocity standpoint.  

I'm just wondering how many shots does it take for the barrel to burn out?

I was thinking that a 5.56 , 68gr hornady round would be sufficent in taking down a zombie with a nicely placed brain shot.

I was also thinking that a 10mm with around 150gr rounds to the head would be effective, cause of the reported (or mythed) high speed fragmentation.

9mm rounds don't fragment (normally) they expand and oddly they expand to nearly the same size as an expanded .45ACP.  Now if someone designed a handgun with a nice penetrating fragmenting found then I would yell "More power to ya, I want one!"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You guys have it all wrong!

Ammo arguments are nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbation.  Whether you are trying to protect yourself from zombies or from the cast of FRIENDS.

ONLY HEAD SHOTS COUNT!

The specific load is secondary or even tertiary to shot placement and tactics.  If you miss that head shot and you are stark naked in your driveway in the snow, the zombie isn't going to be repelled by the awesome sight and sound of a bunch of steel-case-commie-crap-ammo empty cases on the ground.  Same goes for the box of M193 serving as nothing more than a white-trash cooler keeping your Coors Lights at drinking temperature (whatever that may be).

Get that head shot off the first time, every time!  Lots of gooey bits behind the eyes and nose that will incapacitate your reanimated human so they can serve as a flower bed come spring.  You will know the zombies I drop from the tell tale signs of racer934 dropping those stinking, shuffling, mumbling crack heads zombies because they will be face down/ass up with a rose bush growing out of their once reanimated rectums.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, while we are on the subject of 'living dead,' I just got a great price on a box of 50 .357 Magnum rounds. They appear to be 158 gr. semi watcutters (Keith design) but they are too light. I asked the gun shop owner about them, and he said some priest had ordered a box of specially-made SILVER BULLETS! The reason I was able to buy them (pricey as heck, too) was that the priest never came back after he ordered them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just as worried about werewolf's/vampires as I am about zombies.  ON that line of thought does anybody know where I can get silver or hardwood 12g shotshells?

Would it be possible/advisable to make some of my own by taking apart a comercially available shotshell, taking out the useless lead and filling it with cheap silver pendants and wood chips then gluing the thing back together.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Use a broomstick as a slug. You will have to reduce the powder charge. Better to propel the stick than turn it into tooth picks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think a normal broomstick would do the job. The wood through a vampire's heart must be ash, I hear... broomsticks are usually pine.

More about effectiveness of zombie-killing ammo: The ammo selection also depends on the age of the corpse. A dried-out old brain wouldn't contribute to fragmentation or expansion the way a moist,  freshly-dead brain would. Plus, the dried-out brain would be rattling around in the Zombie's head, and thus make a more difficult target.

I'm beginning to think that a flechette-style round would be best. A thousand little darts emitting from the muzzle to strike the Zombie's body parts would be most effective. Darn, they are illegal in the U.S.!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Y'all need to come out to San Francisco. We got lots of Zombies. You can get some practice in before the we have the real thing.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top