BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an orange THERMOLD mag (used for blanks) there is an added section of plastic of the inside front of the bullet end of the mag to prevent full length cartridges from entering.

I was gonna buy a few orange PMAGS the other day, but was told it would be around $50-60.  I respectfully DECLINED
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
TANGOCHASER,

Do want the thread contact for the guy on Glocktalk selling them?  Like I said, I just got 5 of them NIW and they are spotless.  $30 each, but bluer than any robin's egg

The blue one in my pic is from John (glock281), nice guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
yep, that's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
TANGOCHASER,

Do want the thread contact for the guy on Glocktalk selling them? Like I said, I just got 5 of them NIW and they are spotless. $30 each, but bluer than any robin's egg

Thanks, i'd appreciate it greatly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
LINK for GLOCKTALK mags link

Tell him to use a lot of padding in the USPS Priority box (mine had none, but were undamaged).  I'll try to post pics soon
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't help it.....I ordered one.

dude post up pics when u get it

will do buddy
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
JUSTIN BEARD

What about ORANGE PMAGS?  are they under some special contract like the blue ones?
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I would not be surprised to see Magpul test the retail market for a yellow, orange, etc mag in future giving how much attention they get now, especially now that there is no longer a huge rush for mags and there is probably more downtime in production to do stuff like this.  Part of the risk in this is that Blue, Orange PMAGs are probably most sought after now b/c they are rare, if released to public and sitting in stock how many people would really want them.

On the blue Pmags an enterprising individual with credentials can just buy them from vendor and resale them on a forum for $30 and make lots of money.  Looks that is already happening.  Maybe the next person will do it for $25, then another person for $20.  Its not clear how restricted they are yet, and individual LE may be about to get them.  If not plenty of officers have been about to buy personal stuff on department letterhead and reimburse departments for.  Somebody can get it done.  I know LEOs that have talked departments into getting Glocks on letterhead for $358 (bypassing FET), reimburse and then later transfer the firearm out to individual, which you are not suppost to do.  Getting them to letterhead mags should be much easier than that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I sent the seller on glocktalk an email. Waiting on an answer.

Now I just need a pink mag for my grand daughter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
These are revision M now?
As stated in a earlier post i cannot register on that site and the contact email he had lsited before didn't work and is gone now anyway....Can someone put me in touch with this guy...either his email or??
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I sent the seller on glocktalk an email. Waiting on an answer.

Now I just need a pink mag for my grand daughter.

suurree it's for your...grandaughter

Naw, I'm with ya,  I need to get several for my little girl too..
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These are revision M now?
As stated in a earlier post i cannot register on that site and the contact email he had lsited before didn't work and is gone now anyway....Can someone put me in touch with this guy...either his email or??

just make sure to tell him to pack the Priority Mail Boxes very well-mine had no packing-but no damage to the mags.
IM sent
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
what's a contrast shot?

these are collectibles that I am keeping virgin-sorry
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
My question is how many mags would somebody have to order to get a custom color????

Maybe one of the magpul guys could give some insight
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
my money is on : " B i l l i o n s  and  b i l l i o n s  of  m a g a z i n e s...."said in my best Carl Sagan drawl
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
my money is on : " B i l l i o n s  and  b i l l i o n s  of  m a g a z i n e s...."said in my best Carl Sagan drawl

I am sure it is quite a few and they may not have any interest in doing them but I would like to know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
what's a contrast shot?

Cool no biggie I just wanted to see one plugged in a black lower!
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what's a contrast shot?

Cool no biggie I just wanted to see one plugged in a black lower!

go to the UTM site, they have them shown
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Money oder going out tomorrow for 2 blue mags.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
JUSTIN BEARD

What about ORANGE PMAGS?  are they under some special contract like the blue ones?

If I remember right dsgarms did the order for them for a client for training. They then sold the extras they had. If the group that ordered them wants more they will do another order. I seem to remember a rep from them posting this info here a while ago.

Anyway I ordered 3 of the blue mags. Figured what the hell they are interesting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#26]
My mag showed up today, and yes it's a revision-M

And some cross pollination for grins and giggles

Link Posted: 5/17/2010 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Sent the guy my USPS money order.
USPS delivered it on 8 May.
Guy said he hasn't checked his mail in an email on 9 May.
Hasn't answered any emails asking for a status since 9 May and now he says he is sold out in his thread on Glocktalk.
I sure hope he didn't sell the mags he agreed to sell me to someone else.

Not looking good for the home team.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I want an orange one to.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hasn't answered any emails asking for a status since 9 May and now he says he is sold out in his thread on Glocktalk.

John originally sold me 5 mags.  took 3 weeks to deliver across 100 miles in my state.  I then took pics and posted good things here and on other sites.  corresponded with himf or a whole month on getting more and possibly large quantities.  he would not answer for week/10 days and then talk like he was on quaaludes-confused and silly.  I finally told him since he could not tell me whetherthe would sell me a dozen or not just to save me two more.. he wrote me back again and asked how many I wanted.  I told him 2.  and for him to send me price and address he wanted money.  Never heard from him again for 3 weeks.  Says on GT he is out.  .  His communication skills are abhorrent
He is weird.  I do not trust him.  Not sure what his deal is, but he must me either acquiring them illicitly or something .  Not gonna deal with him anymore regardless.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

John originally sold me 5 mags.  took 3 weeks to deliver across 100 miles in my state.  I then took pics and posted good things here and on other sites.  corresponded with himf or a whole month on getting more and possibly large quantities.  he would not answer for week/10 days and then talk like he was on quaaludes-confused and silly.  I finally told him since he could not tell me whetherthe would sell me a dozen or not just to save me two more.. he wrote me back again and asked how many I wanted.  I told him 2.  and for him to send me price and address he wanted money.  Never heard from him again for 3 weeks.  Says on GT he is out.  .  His communication skills are abhorrent
He is weird.  I do not trust him.  Not sure what his deal is, but he must me either acquiring them illicitly or something .  Not gonna deal with him anymore regardless.

This. Wierd. Stay away.

... in addition, send me all your blue mags right now!!!

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#31]
His email today said he thought he answered my other 3 emails. He didn't. Told me all orders he received were shipped and to check my bank and see if the check was cashed. He's the one who told me to send a USPS money order. He says he never got the money order the USPS says it delivered. He's going to ask his neighbor if they saw it.

Now I have to go through the freaking pain of getting my money back from the USPS and I'm still without blue mags. I still think he sold my mags to someone else.

Anyone have a couple or just one they'd sell me?
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Weird, I had a perfect experience dealing with John.  He was quick to respond to emails, and I had the mags within 3 days of him shipping them.  I wish all my online transactions went as well as this one.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Weird, I had a perfect experience dealing with John.  He was quick to respond to emails, and I had the mags within 3 days of him shipping them. I wish all my online transactions went as well as this one.

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, I had a perfect experience dealing with John.  He was quick to respond to emails, and I had the mags within 3 days of him shipping them. I wish all my online transactions went as well as this one.

Ditto

My experience was the same.

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank you Guys (I received more for those interested)
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#36]
well i found some as well and have a post up in th EE to help you guys out
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#37]
$30 for one PMAG!..... Wow
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone else feel $30 alot for a pmag ....
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone else feel $30 alot for a pmag ....

Yes
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe if it was loaded with ammo!...
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 4:33:51 AM EDT
[#41]
THEY ARE A SPECIAL RUN LICENSED ONLY TO  ONE COMPANY THAT SELLS ONLY  TO LEO, .MIL, OR TRAINING cOMPANIES.  MAGPUL IS CONTRACT BOUND TO PRODUCE THAT COLOR ONLY TO THAT ONE COMPANY.  LIMITED AMOUNT, RESTRICTED SALES, AND DEMAND CAUSE ELEVATED PRICES- SIMPLE ECONOMICS.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I think they are worth it for grins and giggles. NOw if only i can find an orange one for $30 as well
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think they are worth it for grins and giggles. NOw if only i can find an orange one for $30 as well

this

Link Posted: 6/11/2010 4:23:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

I promise if I could get orange mags reasonably, I would offer them up; but they ain't out there.  DSA infers they may have another run produced.  I want orange oprange though, bit the burnt orange stuff.  I'm talking University of Tennessee Volunteer orange.  GO VOLS!
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
THEY ARE A SPECIAL RUN LICENSED ONLY TO  ONE COMPANY THAT SELLS ONLY  TO LEO, .MIL, OR TRAINING cOMPANIES.  MAGPUL IS CONTRACT BOUND TO PRODUCE THAT COLOR ONLY TO THAT ONE COMPANY.  LIMITED AMOUNT, RESTRICTED SALES, AND DEMAND CAUSE ELEVATED PRICES- SIMPLE ECONOMICS.

Since there are lots of LEOs in the world, you would think since one is buying them and marking up 300%, others would take notice then you would have lots of LEOs reselling them and prices would come down to regular pmag price.
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since there are lots of LEOs in the world, you would think since one is buying them and marking up 300%, others would take notice then you would have lots of LEOs reselling them and prices would come down to regular pmag price.

The only way they would be available at MSRP is if the company that contracted them released them to the general public. They will not do that so someone has to buy them at full retail (+ shipping) and resell them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Yay, now you shoot like a smurf.

Link Posted: 6/12/2010 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way they would be available at MSRP is if the company that contracted them released them to the general public. They will not do that so someone has to buy them at full retail (+ shipping) and resell them.

You don't know they are being sold at MSRP though, Magpul products have a decent markup and MAP restrictions.  Buying from the source of blue pmags they may be paying full retail for them, or probalby less per mag.  The same way you can call any magpul retailer and get a discount on large orders, as long as they don't advertise the lower price.  I have a lot of black windowed pmags I paid $10ea for (for example), and we are talking about non-windowed ones here.

Link Posted: 6/12/2010 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tagged, because I'd like to know too. Despite colored tape and being marked with a metallic silver Sharpie I still have PMags disappear at carbine classes
If Magpul sold PMags that were pink with purple polka dots I'd buy a wheelbarrow full of them...because nobody would ever steal them.
Shotdown, thank you for your service

Try PINK ducktape.  

Really stands out on the ground and nobody wants to be seen with one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know they are being sold at MSRP though, Magpul products have a decent markup and MAP restrictions.  Buying from the source of blue pmags they may be paying full retail for them, or probalby less per mag.  The same way you can call any magpul retailer and get a discount on large orders, as long as they don't advertise the lower price.  I have a lot of black windowed pmags I paid $10ea for (for example), and we are talking about non-windowed ones here.

It would be a safe assumption that a limited run item would be sold at MSRP (from the original vendor), as there is no incentive for them to sell them at a discount. I can also safely assume your $10 pmags were from a vendor that was painfully overstocked and was forced to blow them out to generate cash. Apples and oranges.
It doesn't matter. The original vendor is free to set whatever restrictions they want and the reseller is free to charge whatever the market will bear.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top