Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well looks like I am in the market for a new scope, and new mount.  Anyone know of any one piece riser mounts for a flat top rifle that looks cool and works very well?  Also, I would like a silver scope, with ruby red lenses, and possibly illuminated reticle.  Anyone know of any good quality scopes that fit that profile?

Maybe you are moving a little too fast. There is nothing wrong with shooting your Rock River Tactical with irons sights and getting good with them.  I think everyone should start with iron sights first. Train to get good gun  handling skills and trigger management with iron sights before moving to high powered scopes and trying to shoot out to 200-300 yards. During the time you are shooting the iron sights, you can  research/study to increase your knowledge about scopes and long range shooting.  You probably will not want a silver scope with ruby red lenses by the time you are ready to train for long range shooting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Are the screws/nuts staying tight on your rings? j/w

OH no, everything was tight for sure
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Well looks like I am in the market for a new scope, and new mount.  Anyone know of any one piece riser mounts for a flat top rifle that looks cool and works very well?  Also, I would like a silver scope, with ruby red lenses, and possibly illuminated reticle.  Anyone know of any good quality scopes that fit that profile?

Maybe you are moving a little too fast. There is nothing wrong with shooting your Rock River Tactical with irons sights and getting good with them.  I think everyone should start with iron sights first. Train to get good gun  handling skills and trigger management with iron sights before moving to high powered scopes and trying to shoot out to 200-300 yards. During the time you are shooting the iron sights, you can  research/study to increase your knowledge about scopes and long range shooting.  You probably will not want a silver scope with ruby red lenses by the time you are ready to train for long range shooting.

Where can I get some good info on using/sighting in Iron sights?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ok............what brand of AR are you shooting?

Rock River Entry Tactical

This must be a joke!  No one spends @$900 for a Rock River Entry Tactical rifle and then $60 for a cheap offbrand scope to go on it.

I have seen guys with 2,600 dollar rifles and Leapers scopes on them, you never know
So do I, nearly every time I go to the range.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top