Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, probably.

My problem is I'm 25 yrs old so I am impatient and think I know everything.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So what you are saying is that the compamy processed your order THREE DAYS after you made it?

So are all of Botach's customers supposed to call them back up to verify their order?

View Quote

Hi Newbe, just curious.  Was your order for ammo or for some other product?  There seems to be two different "divisions" of which the ammo group has been more responsive.  And, did you fax/email the order form and proof of age?  Without a copy of the order form and your dirvers license you may experience quite a delay while they try to match orders with authentication.  I am not their advocate, just sharing my experiences.  They have been absolutely reliable and quick for me when I followed the directions.  Dan
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the order was for ammo.  

I placed one order on Nov 2nd.  My credit card was billed Nov 3rd.  I saw the form I had to fill out on their website about five days later.  I printed it out, filled it out, and faxed it along with a copy of my drivers license.  I even got a verification that my fax was recieved!  

I was wondering if I was going to get one or two ammo shipments.  Evidently I'll be getting none.

What chaps my ass about this whole thing is that the company has no problem billing my credit card.  But can't return several attempts of mine to aquire an order status.  

Of course I'm watching my order.  I thought something was wrong when I did'nt recieve an order verification.  Something IS wrong:  I'm not getting my product.  If I not been so persistant in this situation, I would STILL be waiting for an ammo shipment from a company who has no intention of sending it to me.

I just don't understand why they got enough information from me to bill my credit card but not enough info to know to send me my product.  Did they're billing personal just say, "Well, is'nt that thoughtful.  This nice young man decided to contibute $189 to our company.  Bless his heart."  

I'm also wondering why they have not returned any of my attempts to contact them.  I know if I had five messages on my answering machine from someone I did not know, wanting to know where his product was,  I'd call him back if only to ask him what he is talking about.

I may be impatient but I think my questions in this matter are legit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
newbe,

I'd say waiting 5 days to fax your statement threw your order out of whack!!,did you include your order number on there??...i wouldn't be surprised at all if it takes them a week to sort this out.......follow directions man!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys,
Can anyone say for sure/100% that Botach is the same product as Q3131A?

If so this is a great deal!![:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

View Quote

RussB was going to do a velocity test at some point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

View Quote

RussB was going to do a velocity test at some point.
View Quote

I can't wait!  We are so lucky to have guys like RuusB around to help out!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I got off the "live help' with Botach about 5 min ago.  It took some prying but I got it all straightened out.  2400 rds are enroute.  It seems they have been since Nov 12.  Still not sure why I was told the 17th that I needed to fax my order in again.  Still not sure why it was like pulling teeth to get a response or a tracking # from the company.

Well...Since I posted so much bad shit about them I should probably mention that they DID handle the problem.  I should also mention that there was a good chance the first individual that I "chatted" with may not have been up to par on some things.

Maybe a Newbie???

I should change my name.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like good news!  Looks like thats our next order(If RuusBs test shows-same as Q3131A).
Congrats  Newbe!  

ps if you keep the name you may still get that "red carpet treatment"[:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Although I can't say for certain, I'm pretty sure it is.  At least it's close enough that the recieving end won't know the difference.

Are you refering to the load or the projectile when you ask, "same as?".
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Although I can't say for certain, I'm pretty sure it is.  At least it's close enough that the recieving end won't know the difference.

Are you refering to the load or the projectile when you ask, "same as?".
View Quote

In short, Yes.  The Q3131A has been so good to me, 2000 rds very clean, and very very accurate for "mil spec" ammo.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Caveat Emptor on these Botach guys.  I have been buying from them since Jan.2001 and their customer service is awful.  Getting stuff is pure hit and miss with them. I only come back because of the prices.

This is the end.  I ordered and paid for this IMI on 11/01, they still have not shipped.  I have been buying ammo from them since 2001 so there is not any legitimate issue of having my ID on file.  They have had it since early 2001 including a copy of my driver license.

They won't return a call, they won't respond to email, the live person I finally spoke to said he would take care of it and get back to me but that was three days ago.

They were quick to cash the PayPal payment however!  At this point I have filed a formal PayPal compliant and I am just focused on getting my money back from PayPal.

My advice, grab this wholesale hunter deal while they have it:

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/AR15deals/ar15bargdes/Fed.htm

As to  Botach, you are taking a chance, no doubt about it.  This is the third big order problem with them this year and I am through.  The discounts just are not worth the headaches anymore.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#13]
You can try Widener's for primed and unprimed brass.  I think they still have some IMI components in stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
There are some questions about the IMI being the equivalent of the Q3131A, I found this info posted by Readyman:

...The rifle was a Bushmaster chrome lined 5.56 with a 14.5" barrel and a KKF A3 TakBrake attached. Chrono screens (2 ft spacing) were 10 ft from muzzle. Weather conditions: Clear sunny sky, winds calm, temp was 54 degrees F, at an elevation of 4950 ft. While only a total of 84 rounds were fired there were no failures to fire or failures to extract.

Quick Summary
14.5" barrel
Win Q3131A Avg 2884 fps E.S. 57
IMI M193 Avg 2957 fps E.S. 47

Win Q3131A lot TD80
High 2916
Low 2859
E.S. 57
Average 2884
S.D. 16.3

IMI M193 Lot 00223/C
High 2982
Low 2935
E.S. 47
Average 2957
S.D. 11.2
View Quote

Link to his post:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=174870[/url]

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are some questions about the IMI being the equivalent of the Q3131A, I found this info posted by Readyman:

...The rifle was a Bushmaster chrome lined 5.56 with a 14.5" barrel and a KKF A3 TakBrake attached. Chrono screens (2 ft spacing) were 10 ft from muzzle. Weather conditions: Clear sunny sky, winds calm, temp was 54 degrees F, at an elevation of 4950 ft. While only a total of 84 rounds were fired there were no failures to fire or failures to extract.

Quick Summary
14.5" barrel

Win Q3131A lot TD80
High 2916
Low 2859
E.S. 57
Average 2884
S.D. 16.3

IMI M193 Lot 00223/C
High 2982
Low 2935
E.S. 47
Average 2957
S.D. 11.2
View Quote

Link to his post:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=174870[/url]

View Quote

I'd still like to see the outcome of RussB's test because of the questionable velocity numbers of Q3131A.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#16]
[/quote] wyv3rn

I'd still like to see the outcome of RussB's test because of the questionable velocity numbers of Q3131A.[/quote]

Same here[:\]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Dudes,

these are not "questionable" numbers...they are what Readyman got from his [b]14.5"[/b] barrel carbine. I beleive the numbers to be accurate.

Different powders, from different length barrels, various lot numbers, with different manufacture dates, with twist rates thrown in for fun...heck, add ambient temperatures and altitude...well, you all get the picture!

When I get out of work, it's dark, and weekends are busy...it could be a while before I post the results of IMI vs. Q3131A (I just ordered another case of XM193, too!)
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#18]
That's why I included the barrel length in the post, I believe it is the determining factor in the velocities reported, they were all a bit low.

Quick Summary
14.5" barrel
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#19]
if you want it the next day, pay the overnite charges from Fed-Ex and shut up about it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top