AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUH?  Hammer down is WAY MORE KISS!  All you do is rack it.

I'm required to carry that way at work. Hence KISS by keeping the manual of arms the same.

Dig it!  I can appreciate that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
On my AR I run condition one only. But if I was to keep the chamber empty and a mag in it I would keep the bolt forward. Leaving it open just makes room for junk to get in it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hammer back, bolt forward with dust cover closed, safety on, and a full mag in the magwell. Then when needed, rack the charging handle & flip the selector to fire. Sucks to be who's at the other end of the barrel.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about getting one of these...

With this, what are my options as far as storing my AR goes?  I would assume bolt open is the only way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.trackofthewolf.com/imgPart/cable-lock_0.jpg

With this, what are my options as far as storing my AR goes?  I would assume bolt open is the only way.

You could have the bolt resting on the cable lock, but the question would be "Can you find the key for the lock in time? You wouldn't be able to have a full mag waiting in the magwell either.....

4X4SC
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could have the bolt resting on the cable lock, but the question would be "Can you find the key for the lock in time? You wouldn't be able to have a full mag waiting in the magwell either.....

4X4SC

I'm not going to use my AR as my home defense (getting a Remington 870 for that purpose), so i'm not worried about quick access to it or anything.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4X4SC

I'm not going to use my AR as my home defense (getting a Remington 870 for that purpose), so i'm not worried about quick access to it or anything.  

Either way, the bolt will be partially open. Which means the dust cover is still open exposing it to dust/foreign matter.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It takes no time to flip the selector.  I'd rather have the added safety so you have to rack and switch to fire before shooting.

I use my thumb to flip the selector anyways?  I don't even have to look or feel for it, my thumb is in a natural position right at the selector when I grab my AR?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Most of mine are bolt closed with dust cover shut.  But there have been a few times I've left 'em bolt held open with mag close by.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top