Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, how much are they (pre-bans) going for now?
View Quote

about ~$600 +- $100 depending on condition
for a verified preban.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
slyguy2000, excellent job on the Beta-C techno-legal information! These things represent a substantial investment for a lot of the guys here and the info [b][u]is[/u][/b] appreciated.

[i]Sorry to see it taking a turn towards political discussion.[/i]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
slyguy2000, excellent job on the Beta-C techno-legal information! These things represent a substantial investment for a lot of the guys here and the info [b][u]is[/u][/b] appreciated.

[i]Sorry to see it taking a turn towards political discussion.[/i]
View Quote

Thanks!  even though it has gotten a little political, it's good to see what people's reacations are to the laws and such.  I really like this forum.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
As per their dumbass law, no markings = preban.

I'll take um if you guys are selling cheap [:D] 1 year til sunset anyway...
Link Posted: 2/9/2004 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
"Calling a person who commits a felony a patriot is an insult to those of us who actually use our system to try and forward our causes."

Well I guess John Hancock, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson aren't patriots to you, they all disobeyed English law when America was under English rule and the penalty was DEATH BY HANGING.  

[b]They would have been executed had America not won its independence.

So go tell some other pansy that following the rules makes you a patriot because I don't buy it.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/14/2004 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I figure anyone who buys a C-mag has already been kinda "scammed". They are great for hollywood, because you can always try another "take" to get your action scene, firefight, etc just right. I guess they're alright for plinking, as long as you don't get carried away & burn up your gun. That's about all they're really good for.
Link Posted: 3/14/2004 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a real pre-ban beta-c once, it jammed in all 6 ar's I had at the time. Sold it to my brother-n-law for a pretty good chunk of change. Bought a shitload of LaBelles 30's with the proceeds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2004 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My new 90 rounder, Restricted/LEO mag cost $70 and has no S/N on it that I can see.

Link Posted: 3/26/2004 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My new 90 rounder, Restricted/LEO mag cost $70 and has no S/N on it that I can see.
View Quote

That's a different animal mburnickas. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/26/2004 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
SlyGuy
Thanks for the heads-up . Glad everythings going to work out for you. I hate to hear about people gettin scammed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2004 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SlyGuy
Thanks for the heads-up . Glad everythings going to work out for you. I hate to hear about people gettin scammed.
View Quote

thanks.  just trying to keep the public informed.  :O)
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b]We all need to stand for something, those who don't, will fall for anything![/b]
View Quote

Do you believe your signature, or do you just think it sounds macho-cool?

While I'm not going to go out of my way to break the laws that are in place, I would have to say that I am not too terribly worried about the "assault weapon" police kicking in my door. There are so many people with so many guns that it would be an incredible waste of law enforcement resources to actually devote that much time and energy to something so petty. Think of it this way... when you see a speed limit sign, what's the first thing you think? "I can get away with going 5-10mph over that." Well, owning an "illegal" part for a gun certainly falls into 5-10mph over the gun laws. Unless I see black helicopters flying above my house and conspicuous vans parked in front of my house I am not too terribly worries.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]We all need to stand for something, those who don't, will fall for anything![/b]
View Quote

Do you believe your signature, or do you just think it sounds macho-cool?

While I'm not going to go out of my way to break the laws that are in place, I would have to say that I am not too terribly worried about the "assault weapon" police kicking in my door. There are so many people with so many guns that it would be an incredible waste of law enforcement resources to actually devote that much time and energy to something so petty. Think of it this way... when you see a speed limit sign, what's the first thing you think? "I can get away with going 5-10mph over that." Well, owning an "illegal" part for a gun certainly falls into 5-10mph over the gun laws. Unless I see black helicopters flying above my house and conspicuous vans parked in front of my house I am not too terribly worries.
View Quote

I believe in my quote, or I wouldn't have posted it.  I am not telling you what to do, or how to do it.  Everyone has freewill, and I am just here to inform people of what is going on.  If you wish to commit a felony, then so be it!  Your analogy is incorrect!  5-10 miles over the speed limit is a slap on the wrist, owning ILLEGAL gun parts is a Federal Felony!  So take this information and use it however you want...  Take that gamble, and if you win, congrats!  If not, don't say you weren't warned!

I am not here to police, I am here to inform, that is all.

-SlyGuy2000
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I'll throw my $0.02 worth in.

Once the ban passes into history, the Betas SHOULD be sold for around $295 or so, same as LE versions now.

$295.00 for a 100 round magazine that has to be babied and properly lubed to function, verses 4 30 round GI mags that are virtually trouble free, for around $60.00, means it's no contest for me.

Yeah, I know it's a "cool factor" but I ain't too cool anyhow, and I doubt a Beta would make me a "Chick Magnet." Besides, if it DID, it would likely piss off my wife of 24 years...

Link Posted: 5/18/2004 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]
$300-$600 for something that works 70-90% of the time? tried them out in Afghanistan and they suck!!cool or not i'll pass. I can get a SAR-1(AK) rifle and 2 mags for the price of a piece oh shit Beta mag.
         FREE
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I have seen "several" posts on this forum about the topic of LE Only Betas. I consider this post a bit over done. I know that it is a substantial loss (To some more than others) to purchase an expensive item only to learn that it is not what the purchaser expected. It is also a bit unnerving to be "Taken" by something that is not as it is represented. But...........We all know (or should know) that these crooks are out thgere.............buyer be ware. .....And stop whinning here.

Pick up and move on!!        Old news!!     If you can't afford to lose don't play this game....For you will encounter dishonest folks occasionally and lose!

PigPen
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I was wondering if Beta mags are still being made and how much they usually go for? Do I have to go through anything special in order to obtain a drum like this?

Thanks,
kc
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was wondering if Beta mags are still being made and how much they usually go for? Do I have to go through anything special in order to obtain a drum like this?

Thanks,
kc

This post maybe what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
OY VEY! yet another scam amongst a long long list...BASTARDS!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]
After the AWB sunsets they are all legal anyway arn't they?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Now this tread can die, because the AWB has ended and I just bought one from impactguns.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top