User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys were really bent on figuring out what kind of mag that was, weren't you?! [;)] Anyway, I too have now purchased one of these awesome IDF slings... can't wait to get her on my Shorty. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my israrli clamps mentioned by Lumpy196.

At: www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=227080&chrSuperSKU=

They are excellent and I wanted to thank Lumpy and reccommend them to anyone considering purchasing clamps.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a sling and beret from Israel and they threw in a baseball hat!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I am sure that this is not Israel Army doctrine. Take it with a grain of salt. this could be a "cherry" just trying something new. I tried to attach my sling through the front sight of my M60 in Grenada when I was a "cherry" and I hope no one got a pic of me because after all the "festivities" were over it was proven to be a dumb ass cherry move. 1SG Devon A. Kinston found out that all of the small arms ammo and frags/40mm were going to be placed in a hole and covered and blown in place. This was all the ammo that was turned in to the 82nd MP Co. prior to return to Bragg by all personell at the Pt.Salinas air strip. 1SG Kinston told myself and about 15 others to haul all that ammo to the end of the runway and start blasting it out over the water for "weapons training supplementation". Needless to say that after only a few hundred rounds my sling burst into flames. So before you use this 550 cord as your EOTW sling mount I would advise you to go to the range and dump a fast 120-180 rounds rapid fire and see if you have to "stop drop and roll"
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I like those mag holders as well.  The can also be purchased at DPMS as well for the same price:

http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=6411&CATID=494
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
jedi_rifleman-

That's a cool story! I don't think the pic is of a "cherry" but I can cetainly believe it could happen with an M60 that's for sure.

It's crazy how this thread has managed to stay alive as long as it has. Very cool.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
You ever see the sling on a H&K SL8. I found the proper way to use it and it is great
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You ever see the sling on a H&K SL8. I found the proper way to use it and it is great
View Quote

Show us, or tell us.

Please
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top