AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Going with Q3131...the US stuff.

In my opinion the IMI Q3131A is better than the Win Q3131.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll also make the point that I bought a fair amount of Ammomans M855, and I personally think it's great stuff. Shoots excellent and looked exactly like the real GI stuff I've seen.

I didn't have any problems with 'werid stuff on the casings' or any of that BS like others claim. I don't know what Rock7s problem is, I've been following Rock7s whole episode about this and all I can say is that I think he's another ammo dealer who is pissed off he can't get in on this action.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would suggest that you stay away from Ammoscam and get some XM193 from Wideners.

M*** is the front line stuff
XM*** is factory seconds that does not meet the .mils uber standards and is used for training.
XM***PD is pretty much floor sweepings and internal QC rejects. If you buy any, make sure to hand inspect each round.

ETA: Do not use M855 for HD.
M855 tends to punch right through your avergae target (no BA) without doing a whole lot of immeadiate damage. Had a lot of that trouble in Somalia.

M193 for HD is the way to go.

"XM*** is factory seconds that does not meet the .mils uber standards and is used for training."

Training for what/whom? NOT for the US military. The Government accepts ONLY M855 or M193, for training use (commercial pack) or for war reserve/operations. XM*** and XM***PD are all US Government QC rejects which ATK resells through its subsidary, Federal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#5]
About the "855 doesn't perform as well as 193 for HD" claims:

If you look at the tacked threads and read the Fackler PDFs, he claims they perform the same.  What proof do you guys have that says different?

No offense, but "personal experience" from some ass hat on the intraweb doesn't hold up to a Doctor/Scientist/combat surgeon's reports in my book.  If those reports are outdated however, I'd like to see any newer proof that M855 is inferior.

Wounding Patterns of Military Rifle Bullets

There is little difference in their performance in tissue.  The abdominal and thigh wound produced by the M855 or the SS109 would be essentially the same as those described above from the M16A1 M193 bullet.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Going with Q3131...the US stuff.

In my opinion the IMI Q3131A is better than the Win Q3131.

Why do you say this? I'm curious thanks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top