Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm looking at an American Defense AD- 68h or a laRue lt150. Which is better and y? Does the ad-68h rezero after being removed?

My AD-68 holds zero.  
I would like to point out that LaRue and ADM are perfectly capable of playing nice on the same gun.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/mikes822/DSCI0026.jpg

+1 I like them both, but if I were to buy one brand new I'd go with Larue just because I think the fit and finish is a little nicer.

I will admit that a reason I went with the ADM is that Larue didn't make an aimpoint mount that would absolute cowitness.  I'm not sure if he does now or not.  That said, the ADM is working fine.  I can barely forsee a situation when I would even need to take it off.  I suppose if the aimpoint gets so blasted to hell that I can't see my BUIS through it, but other than that....?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larue.

1- They take care of you
2- Its a very simple...fool proof design with literally NOTHING that can go wrong
3- Turning a wrench once...isn't that difficult.  I also appreciate the fact that since I am the one doing the adjusting, I KNOW its going to work, and I know its going to be set up properly regardless of how far to the spec side my upper is.

Im sure the Bobro is nifty, but my laziness will never be such that I am willing to accept more moving parts.

Also steel- I appreciate your willingness to openly challenge the Larue Crue (Am I the first for that one?  Cause if so I'm trademarking it and Mark...if you use it well you're gonna get SWANNED ), just try to keep things on point and factual.

I can't tell you how many times the wear-mark/eventual re-zero thing has been brought up and ultimately shot down.  Mil-spec anodized receivers with a properly installed mount do not have this problem, and that is a fact.

In short, you have the right to challenge but ARFCOM as you are aware is big on the "post proof" idea.  Just a friendly hint for future conversation

I wouldn't get too carried away there. This board can be a little "selective" when it comes to furnishing/requiring proof. As a matter of fact, the "facts" and "opinions" seem to fly failrly fast and loose at times. Just a friendly hint that NOTHING posted here should be blindly accepted as gospel. There is a big difference between feelings, opinions or allegiances and facts.

So basically...you're agreeing with me?

I went back and re-read my post. I must admit I find nothing suggesting I am agreeing with you. I'm just saying things are rarely as black and white as a lot of people on here would like to think they are. Actually, in the majority of posts there is very little actual proof offered. Mostly just personal prfeferences, personal opinions or heresay. "In my opinion..." is a term sadly lacking in most posts here. Usually its just "ABC is best, period end of story etc."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top