User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Time for a trip to the local hardware store and buy some replacements if only for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems to be a no-brainer to me. Aero needs to use steel screws in their handguards and offer anyone who owns an
Aero Precision Gen 2 M4E1 Handguard  free replacement steel screws; and free means free shipping and the screws.
Lest Aero wants to become another EoTech story.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems to be a no-brainer to me. Aero needs to use steel screws in their handguards and offer anyone who owns an
Aero Precision Gen 2 M4E1 Handguard  free replacement steel screws; and free means free shipping and the screws.
Lest Aero wants to become another EoTech story.
View Quote
Just bought me an eotech. New eotech problem post inbound...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
oops - wrong thread, my bad
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"they told me they were going to fix it then a couple hours later back out of it."

I'd be very curious to hear who you spoke with about this. We stand by our word and our manufacturing. Who from our company told you that we were going to fix your issue then didn't follow through? I'll extend that even further and tell you that if your issue hasn't already been fixed, please email me directly at [email protected] and I'll ensure that you're taken care of. The handguard screw recommended torque is 25 in/lb. We do recommend that once you have your set up all set to tab a small amount of BLUE loctite on the screws to ensure they stay put. I've never had a problem backing our screws out at all. That being said, that's not to say you couldn't have an issue such as this, that's fine. That's when you'd want to contact us about it.

To posters above saying that you've broken off your sight base, please go to our customer service link and submit a help ticket. We will get those replaced for you. Please PM me your ticket number once it has been submitted and I'll track your interactions with our techs and make sure you are expedited. Feel free to Mention my name, Jeff, in the ticket as well. Our techs can confirm any questions they have about the issues you are having.  Those sights can be over torqued to the point of breakage. You shouldn't need to tighten them more than just a simple "good and tight" with a torx screw driver.

As for where our materials are sourced, EVERYTHING we do is sourced in the United States. The screw comparison image is interesting. Since I have been with Aero all of our handguard screws have a tapered contour and not a 90º interface with the surface. As all of our handguards have a counter sunk hole, a screw like that would not make sense to include with the handguard as it would not sit flush.
View Quote
I ordered an M4E1 upper and Quantum handguard directly from AP in May 2016 (order #available upon request) and 2 of the screws don't match the others. I haven't taken it apart since seeing this thread to see how they compare to the images posted, but 2 of the screw caps are definitely different and require a different sized Torx bit than the others. I haven't had any issues so I just wrote it off as "meh, whatever".
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered an M4E1 upper and Quantum handguard directly from AP in May 2016 (order #available upon request) and 2 of the screws don't match the others. I haven't taken it apart since seeing this thread to see how they compare to the images posted, but 2 of the screw caps are definitely different and require a different sized Torx bit than the others. I haven't had any issues so I just wrote it off as "meh, whatever".
View Quote
Those two might be M5E1 screws, they have been known to mix them up.  Happened to me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You and the author of this thread are posting from the same place. Are you married or something?

View Quote
Nah lol, my brother and I live in the same house.

Pros to being in college?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top