User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 82
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, yeah I think I'm just going to start over with the gas.  I'm using a Saker 762 ASR

View Quote

Im having the exact issues you are having op and tried it all with my agb. Gonna take the bolt apart tomorrow and check every part after watching the TRex arm’s video he had some bolt issues.

And don’t get me started how in accurate this barrel is. Sending it back ti the company soon. 4-6” “non” groups when the can is attached.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Im having the exact issues you are having op and tried it all with my agb. Gonna take the bolt apart tomorrow and check every part after watching the TRex arm’s video he had some bolt issues.

And don’t get me started how in accurate this barrel is. Sending it back ti the company soon. 4-6” “non” groups when the can is attached.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, yeah I think I'm just going to start over with the gas.  I'm using a Saker 762 ASR

I get nice tight groups with my GGG 147gr ball ammo.  I'm using a Criterion barrel
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I get nice tight groups with my GGG 147gr ball ammo.  I'm using a Criterion barrel
View Quote

I switched the barrel to Faxon but i have a feeling this is the path ill need to go to get good groups.  Weird how finicky the ar10 platform is.  My 13.5 556 is hitting 1.5"-2" groups all day using the cheapest ammo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I switched the barrel to Faxon but i have a feeling this is the path ill need to go to get good groups.  Weird how finicky the ar10 platform is.  My 13.5 556 is hitting 1.5"-2" groups all day using the cheapest ammo.
View Quote

I wouldn't call any of the AR-10s I've messed with "finicky". And don't give up on the Faxon. My 6.5 and .308 both get well below MOA, and POI changes very little as they heat up. Find some ammo it likes. Besides, you'd likely have to do the same process with any barrel you used to replace it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call any of the AR-10s I've messed with "finicky". And don't give up on the Faxon. My 6.5 and .308 both get well below MOA, and POI changes very little as they heat up. Find some ammo it likes. Besides, you'd likely have to do the same process with any barrel you used to replace it.
View Quote

I shot it again yesterday using Hornady Superformance and it definitely tightened up but stove piped every round.  

That is my main beef with the gun right now.  I'm going to try a different buffer weight and adjusting the gas a little.  Very frustrating as i used all Aero parts to put this thing together and it runs like crap.

And to top it off BA wont look at the barrel.  They want me to go through PA where I bought the barrel from.  IDK what's going on with there CS right now and this isn't the first .308 barrel I had an issue with.  They lost a customer as I was always recommending there barrels to friends.  So yeah this Faxon barrel is my third barrel in this gun.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I shot it again yesterday using Hornady Superformance and it definitely tightened up but stove piped every round.  

That is my main beef with the gun right now.  I'm going to try a different buffer weight and adjusting the gas a little.  Very frustrating as i used all Aero parts to put this thing together and it runs like crap.

And to top it off BA wont look at the barrel.  They want me to go through PA where I bought the barrel from.  IDK what's going on with there CS right now and this isn't the first .308 barrel I had an issue with.  They lost a customer as I was always recommending there barrels to friends.  So yeah this Faxon barrel is my third barrel in this gun.  
View Quote

FWIW the Superformance ammo isn’t designed for gas guns. It used to say so on the box, don’t know if it still does because I haven’t bought any in years.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FWIW the Superformance ammo isn’t designed for gas guns. It used to say so on the box, don’t know if it still does because I haven’t bought any in years.
View Quote

I started using it because my brother-in-law uses it in a S&W M&P 10. His rifle runs like a top. But I have tried multiple varieties of ammo and every 3 to 5 rounds I will get a stove pipe.

But somehow, my brother-in-law has a $900Ar10 that runs freaking great even in the ammo. I’ll give him that I reload for a bolt gun. I would like to send the bolt and or upper back to aero but I don’t have much faith in their customer service after dealing withBA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

My .308 likes 168 Hornady Black and BTHP. While not highly accurate ammo, PMC and 147 runs reliably and groups fairly well. Prvi 155 is MOA in my M1A and AR10. Lithuanian GGG 147 gets a hair above MOA in both, like 1.1 MOA. I have a box of Superperformance, but haven't run it through yet. I think I'll take it out next time just for kicks.

Try out some more ammo first before you mess with the rifle's guts, but you're on the right track if the rifle still keeps having issues- adjust gas, then mess with the buffer.

Yours is not the first case I've heard of Ballistic Advantage's crap CS.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Question for you guys they have done a SBR. Where did you do the engraving? My lower has the factory engraving/roll mark on one side and the big Aero logo on the other. My other SBRs are engraved opposite the factory markings.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Had my M5 out to the range for the first time today. Got it zeroed with PPU 168g HPBT. Might still need some adjustment but the PA 5x prism is super clear and nice.
I think I want a brake instead of the flash hider or a suppressor.

Aero M5 upper and lower
Aero 13" keymod handguard
Cav Mfg A1 length stock
BA 16" .308 barrel
Surefire 3-prong flash hider
Rise Armament RA-140 trigger
Aero BCG
Aero adjustable gas block
Radian ambi safety
Radian charging handle
Primary Arms 5x prism
Magpul bipod
BCM vertical grip

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My .308 likes 168 Hornady Black and BTHP. While not highly accurate ammo, PMC and 147 runs reliably and groups fairly well. Prvi 155 is MOA in my M1A and AR10. Lithuanian GGG 147 gets a hair above MOA in both, like 1.1 MOA. I have a box of Superperformance, but haven't run it through yet. I think I'll take it out next time just for kicks.

Try out some more ammo first before you mess with the rifle's guts, but you're on the right track if the rifle still keeps having issues- adjust gas, then mess with the buffer.

Yours is not the first case I've heard of Ballistic Advantage's crap CS.

Good luck!
View Quote

I got it grouping pretty good with a new load using hornady 150 gr sst using Varget.  The Faxon barrel is way better than the BA.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had my M5 out to the range for the first time today. Got it zeroed with PPU 168g HPBT. Might still need some adjustment but the PA 5x prism is super clear and nice.
I think I want a brake instead of the flash hider or a suppressor.

Aero M5 upper and lower
Aero 13" keymod handguard
Cav Mfg A1 length stock
BA 16" .308 barrel
Surefire 3-prong flash hider
Rise Armament RA-140 trigger
Aero BCG
Aero adjustable gas block
Radian ambi safety
Radian charging handle
Primary Arms 5x prism
Magpul bipod
BCM vertical grip

https://i.imgur.com/7XwNFgI.jpeg
View Quote

I like that a lot.

Quoted:

I got it grouping pretty good with a new load using hornady 150 gr sst using Varget.  The Faxon barrel is way better than the BA.
View Quote

Good to hear. I've had great luck with my Faxon barrels. My BA barrel sits in the spare parts box. Gas port checks out, but that's a heavy bitch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Been having a really annoying problem with my Aero M5.

I built it years ago and had this issue and put it in the back of the safe until this past weekend. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

It will not lock back on an empty mag.

The bolt catch will work if I hold it down, but if I just pull the charging handle back with a mag in and let go it will not hold it back.

It looks like the bolt catch is being pushed up properly by the mag, but then when the bolt hits the magazine follower it pushes the follower down just enough that the bolt catch drops and releases the bolt.

It's frustrating as shit.

Anyone had this issue? I couldnt find any info on this problem or how to fix it.

I'm running M5 upper and Aero nitride BCG with magpul 10rd or 20rd mag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I built it years ago and had this issue and put it in the back of the safe until this past weekend. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

The bolt catch will work if I hold it down, but if I just pull the charging handle back with a mag in and let go it will not hold it back.

It looks like the bolt catch is being pushed up properly by the mag, but then when the bolt hits the magazine follower it pushes the follower down just enough that the bolt catch drops and releases the bolt.

Anyone had this issue? I couldnt find any info on this problem or how to fix it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/20181109_232731_jpg-2712736.JPG
View Quote

How is the bolt hitting the follower? It should be behind the bolt catch when locked to the rear.
You're not using an AR15 buffer are you? I only ask because a friend built a 308 and had the same issue. The bolt catch was catching the carrier because the BCG wasn't traveling far enough to the rear. AR15 buffer was the culprit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
How is the bolt hitting the follower? It should be behind the bolt catch when locked to the rear.
You're not using an AR15 buffer are you? I only ask because a friend built a 308 and had the same issue. The bolt catch was catching the carrier because the BCG wasn't traveling far enough to the rear. AR15 buffer was the culprit.

^^^^^ what @1811GNR said.

judging from your butt stock, I'm guessing you're using a rifle buffer tube, with the AR-15 rifle buffer.  the buffer is 3/4" too long.  you're actually not able to pull the BCG back far enough so that the face of the bolt actually rests behind the bolt catch.  You need the AR-308 rifle buffer, which is 3/4" shorter than the AR-15 rifle buffer.  This is all because the AR-308 BCG is longer than the AR-15 BCG.  gotta compensate for that extra length somewhere, buffer length it is.

OTOH, if you're using the AR-15 Carbine buffer tube (7" inside depth), then you need the common 308 2.5" "shortie" buffer.

and there are numerous threads about using the wrong buffer length, AR-15 buffer in a AR-308, it's a common AR-308 misconfiguration.   only works if you had the A5 buffer tube with the AR-15 carbine buffer length.

now buffer weights and springs is a whole 'nother story.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

^^^^^ what @1811GNR said.

judging from your butt stock, I'm guessing you're using a rifle buffer tube, with the AR-15 rifle buffer.  the buffer is 3/4" too long.  you're actually not able to pull the BCG back far enough so that the face of the bolt actually rests behind the bolt catch.  You need the AR-308 rifle buffer, which is 3/4" shorter than the AR-15 rifle buffer.  This is all because the AR-308 BCG is longer than the AR-15 BCG.  gotta compensate for that extra length somewhere, buffer length it is.

OTOH, if you're using the AR-15 Carbine buffer tube (7" inside depth), then you need to common 308 2.5" "shortie" buffer.

and there are numerous threads about using the wrong buffer length, AR-15 buffer in a AR-308, it's a common AR-308 misconfiguration.   only works if you had the A5 buffer tube with the AR-15 carbine buffer length.

now buffer weights and springs is a whole 'nother story.
View Quote

Damn I think yall nailed it. Feel like a dumb ass, but I just realized even after typing it out above that the bolt catch is not even catching the bolt, it was catching on the assembly.

Attachment Attached File

So when I insert the mag the follower pushes up on the catch and causes it to drop the bolt.

Attachment Attached File

So it looks like my buffer is too long?

Attachment Attached File

I had this buffer laying around and I swear I thought it was a AR10 buffer but since I've only ever owned AR15s with rifle length tubes I think yall have nailed it.

Thanks again guys, this place is so awesome.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Yup. AR15 buffer. The AR10 rifle buffer is .7” shorter I believe…

AR10 rifle buffer is 5.2”
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yup. AR15 buffer. The AR10 rifle buffer is .7” shorter I believe…

AR10 rifle buffer is 5.2”
View Quote

Ordered a new buffer and spring from Aero. Not sure if the AR15/AR10 springs are different, but it was $6 so I'm going to swap it anyways.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Feel like a dumb ass,
View Quote

Thats all the time working on guns

I built a 300Blk in 7" and couldnt get it to cycle to save my life.  Drilled out the port then when i reinstalled the gas block and gas tube it came apart.  NO ROLL PIN.
I never installed it so yeah weve all been there.

But then like my issue its just a bad barrel from BA and they wont fix it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ordered a new buffer and spring from Aero. Not sure if the AR15/AR10 springs are different, but it was $6 so I'm going to swap it anyways.
View Quote

It’s a smooth shooting buffer setup. I can’t recommend it enough if you don’t have an adjustable gas block…get one…the SLR ones are super.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s a smooth shooting buffer setup. I can’t recommend it enough if you don’t have an adjustable gas block…get one…the SLR ones are super.
View Quote

I have the SLR adjustable gas block already.

That was what was so frustrating. I could adjust the block all the way open and still not getting the bolt to lock back. Glad it was something as simple as the buffer.

I did change the bolt catch already though, which was clearly not the issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Criterion 18” hybrid barrel
Will have an ASR brake installed

Shopping for an optic
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Aero M5 Anodized OD

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What are some opinions on PRS-Lite vs UBR vs LMT SOPMOD on a 16” M5 sporting a TA-11?
View Quote

The PRS-Lite in its shortest config is a little longer than an A2 and the adjustable comb is likely unnecessary with the ACOG. I have it up a little with a 34mm scope, but didn’t need is with any of my 30mm tubes.

I think the weight of the UBR would be preferable over the LMT on a large frame to balance it out. Plus the UBR has a more solid lock-up. Additionally I’ve had SOPMODs unintentionally collapse while shooting off a rear bag due to the exposed lever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Finally got my Form 1 approved. Going to take it out soon.

Aero complete lower
Aero upper
BA BCG
SLR 11.7” rail
Noveske 12.5” barrel
SA adjustable gas block
Silencerco ASR mount
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#27]

I just finished this, still need to get a light for it. I'm pretty impressed with it, doesn't feel as heavy/cumbersome as I expected, and very minimal recoil.

I've got to get some ammo and really shake it out, hoping I keep liking it as much as I do now.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey tactical_dude, Is that all anodized green or is the hand guard Cerakoted? The green doesn't look the same shades.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

16 inch 308 with a Vortex 3-18x44 Strike eagle
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey tactical_dude, Is that all anodized green or is the hand guard Cerakoted? The green doesn't look the same shades.
View Quote

Everything is Anodized. That's the thing with anodizing, it never matches. Still looks incredible.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this, but I was wondering how the BA-10 6.5 CM are performing? I’m assuming all the BA-10 stuff is just rebranded Aero M5? Looks like BA is running a decent little sale on everything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this, but I was wondering how the BA-10 6.5 CM are performing? I’m assuming all the BA-10 stuff is just rebranded Aero M5? Looks like BA is running a decent little sale on everything.
View Quote

BA makes the barrels for Aero and some of the other misc. Aero parts.  BA was their own company and then Aero bought them.  

I have a BA premium 6.5 barrel but have not put any rounds through it.  Cannot comment on the performance.  My BA 308 and and 5.56 barrels perform/ group well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Apologies if this was already discussed, I browsed but couldn't find it. I am putting an aero atlas r one handguard on my 308 AR and trying to find out definitely what barrel nut wrench will work. My wheeler one doesn't. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Apologies if this was already discussed, I browsed but couldn't find it. I am putting an aero atlas r one handguard on my 308 AR and trying to find out definitely what barrel nut wrench will work. My wheeler one doesn't. Thanks
View Quote

On Aero's site

Edit - this comes with the handguard as well, so you don't need to order one, according to the description on the web page.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

On Aero's site

Edit - this comes with the handguard as well, so you don't need to order one, according to the description on the web page.
View Quote

that's for the AR15, not the M5

from the M5 Atlas R-one handguard page:

"PLEASE NOTE: These handguards do not come with a wrench. A standard armorers wrench will work with all M5 ATLAS Handguards."
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

for my Aero M5 (308) Atlas handguard barrel nut, I use my USGI mil-std Smith Enterprises armorers wrench.  My Magpul wrench works also.  the teeth on the barrel nut are the same as the USGI mil-spec AR-15 barrel nut.

if I'm understanding your question, and your situation correctly.

========================

ETA:  work-in-progress:

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"PLEASE NOTE: These handguards do not come with a wrench. A standard armorers wrench will work with all M5 ATLAS Handguards."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On Aero's site

Ahh, you're right, sorry, just went to the first one I saw
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

for my Aero M5 (308) Atlas handguard barrel nut, I use my USGI mil-std Smith Enterprises armorers wrench.  My Magpul wrench works also.  the teeth on the barrel nut are the same as the USGI mil-spec AR-15 barrel nut.

if I'm understanding your question, and your situation correctly.
View Quote

Thanks. So weird my wheeler won't line up correctly...
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Anyone experiencing this?
Bolt carrier is making contact
All Aero parts , advanced  carbine M5 buffer system
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136574/2AB79A41-0F51-4708-B4C8-1291D83BFC0C_jpe-2765549.JPG

View Quote

"Advanced Carbine M5 buffer system" ? Could you be more specific? Is this an Aero thing, or...? I don't get any hits searching specifically for that phrase but I do get hits for an "Enhanced" m5 buffer system, which looks like it should have the correct buffer?

If it's an A5-length system (like what Vltor makes, etc) it'll need a standard carbine-sized buffer - if it's a standard carbine length extension, then it'll need the short 308-specific buffer. Making contact like that...oof. Looks like either the tail of your carrier is too long (is it an Aero carrier?) or the buffer is too short for the receiver extension...

If you take the spring out, drop the buffer in by itself, then drop in your bolt carrier group after - does it make contact with the receiver that way? My understanding is it shouldn't...if it does, the buffer's too short.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Advanced Carbine M5 buffer system" ? Could you be more specific? Is this an Aero thing, or...? I don't get any hits searching specifically for that phrase but I do get hits for an "Enhanced" m5 buffer system, which looks like it should have the correct buffer?

If it's an A5-length system (like what Vltor makes, etc) it'll need a standard carbine-sized buffer - if it's a standard carbine length extension, then it'll need the short 308-specific buffer. Making contact like that...oof. Looks like either the tail of your carrier is too long (is it an Aero carrier?) or the buffer is too short for the receiver extension...

If you take the spring out, drop the buffer in by itself, then drop in your bolt carrier group after - does it make contact with the receiver that way? My understanding is it shouldn't...if it does, the buffer's too short.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Sorry Enhanced not Advanced

Everything Aero, except Criterion barrel, LaRue trigger and Silencerco muzzle brake, Magpul furniture
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136574/2AB79A41-0F51-4708-B4C8-1291D83BFC0C_jpe-2765549.JPG

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

@103M95G
exactly this happens when you're overgassed.  are you using an adjustable gas block?  can't tell from the pic.   If not, AGB is highly recommended for AR-308's, almost essential.  need to dial back the gas.  also, if you're using the standard 3oz+ (e.g. 3.0oz, 3.8oz) buffer, I highly recommend you step up to a 5.3oz  308 carbine buffer of the appropriate length, which would be 2.5" OAL if your buffer tube is 7.0" inside depth, 308 carbine shortie buffer.  A5 buffer tube not needed, IMHO.

this actually happens a lot from newbies to the large frame gasser that just slap the parts together thinking it's as simple as AR-15 Lego's.  all the tuning variances that you could ignore on the AR-15, get amplified on the AR-308.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#43]
You’re correct I am not using an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

@103M95G
I recommend the SLR adjustable gas block.  I don't think the clamp-on will fit under the Atlas handguard, so set-screw for you.  Other folks swear by the Superlative Arms.  Some bold forward adventurers have tried the new Aero AGB.  whichever, get one that's adjustable from the front (like the SLR), especially if the GB is under the HG.

first of all, confirm the inside depth of your buffer tube with a tape measure.  I'm guessing it's 7.0 inches.  if so, I recommend getting a 5.3oz 308 shortie 2.5" buffer from Primary Arms, their Expo house brand, it's "economical" $40 and works just fine.  Other places that sell the 5.3oz shortie are KAK Industry, HeavyBuffer, and I think even Midway has one in their AR-Stoner line.  You already have a buffer spring, should be workable with an AGB, but if you were starting over, I recommend Slash's HeavyBuffer 308 carbine spring, $15.

these remedies should go a long way to getting you sorted out properly.  good luck and best wishes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like you have that RE screwed in one too many turns.  Not sure if that would cause this.
Maybe a burr on the BCG?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Looks like you have that RE screwed in one too many turns.  Not sure if that would cause this.
Maybe a burr on the BCG?
View Quote

It’s Aero’s enhanced/anti-tilt buffer tube, it has those protrusions at 6:00 to fully support the rear of the carrier. Or something. POF makes a similar tube. Once it catches the detent it’s almost impossible to over insert it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It’s Aero’s enhanced/anti-tilt buffer tube, it has those protrusions at 6:00 to fully support the rear of the carrier. Or something. POF makes a similar tube. Once it catches the detent it’s almost impossible to over insert it.
View Quote

if the buffer tube was over-inserted, you'd have trouble closing the upper on the lower due to the buffer tube protruding.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have several Superlative gas blocks and 2 Aero adj gas block. The key to adjustable gas blocks is to remember that they require maintenance. It’s easy to count clicks on the Superlative or the Aero, so every ~1k rounds I’ll back the adjustment screw all the way out, apply a drop of Kroil, and put it back where I had it. It’s an extra 1-2 mins of maintenance.

99% of the problems people have with AGBs is due to a lack of maintenance. It has moving parts, it needs to be maintained.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@103M95G
exactly this happens when you're overgassed.  are you using an adjustable gas block?  can't tell from the pic.   If not, AGB is highly recommended for AR-308's, almost essential.  need to dial back the gas.  also, if you're using the standard 3oz+ (e.g. 3.0oz, 3.8oz) buffer, I highly recommend you step up to a 5.3oz  308 carbine buffer of the appropriate length, which would be 2.5" OAL if your buffer tube is 7.0" inside depth, 308 carbine shortie buffer.  A5 buffer tube not needed, IMHO.

this actually happens a lot from newbies to the large frame gasser that just slap the parts together thinking it's as simple as AR-15 Lego's.  all the tuning variances that you could ignore on the AR-15, get amplified on the AR-308.
View Quote

my apologies to @103M95G for my arrogance.  I forgot that we all started at that same Square One, once upon a time, long time ago.  mea culpa.  with regards.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

my apologies to @103M95G for my arrogance.  I forgot that we all started at that same Square One, once upon a time, long time ago.  mea culpa.  with regards.
View Quote

No issues here,

A superlative AGB ordered. I’m also switching to thir Rifle M5 rifle buffer set up.
Page / 82
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top