Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Boom I hate internet waltz's but...

Chen said ARMY never SFOD-D by name.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry, i don't have a sight to send you, you might want to call EOTech for that.

As far as the bullshit you are calling, Special Forces, Delta are using lots of EOTechs.  sending over 6000 units to Army as we speak.  Canadian JTF2, and German KSK all use EOTechs. depends on what side you are on, the truth is EOTech has been slowly replacing Aimpoints in the specops communities.

I am not here to start another Aimpoint vs. EOTech thread.  it has been beaten to death.  He asked for EOTech and ACOG and the reply would be EOTech for the distance he would be using it at.  if he start another thread on Aimpoint or EOTech then I would point him to the thread from hell tagged above.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
ARx15 - I just acquired an EOTech 551 and it kicks ass!! At the range you speak of the EOTech will shine !! Hell, even out to 300-meters it's a breeze.

On the ever so drifting topic, I chose to go with the EOTech after using one that belonged to a buddy during a CQB/CQM course (his personally owned sight). So far I've had two Aimpoints take a shit on me, both were issue. I'm just not seeing how the Aimpoints have such a good reputation considering all the problems we've been having with them. Hopefully, they either get them squared-away ASAP or ditch them all together.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Special Forces, Delta

Yes Dumb ASS! Special Forces and DELTA are two different things, but then you know that cause the guys at the play ground told you..........when they were between missions that is. Give me a break.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
boom,
I don't care who you PLAY with.

I know only what I know. And I have figured out that you must be about 17 years old and still craping in your pants and popping zits on your ass.

There are 7 deploying and 8 actual ARMY SF Groups world wide. all with atleast 2500 plus members each, and they travel in teams just fine thank you very much. I was a member of 7th SF and am currently w/ 20th.

Next you have 1st 2nd and 3rd Ranger BN's, plus 75 RGT. close to 3000 there.....call one of those guys a REMF and get your ass handed to you.

Next you have the 160th SOAR and I would bet you money even someone that plays w/ folks he thinks are CAG wouldn't call them REMF's.

Then you can still add 4 POG, 112th, 628th and this is just at FT Bragg......all members of USASOC plus some I can't recall.
This is all not counting your buds at CAG and not counting NSW, or AFSOF

Now as for order numbers and what kind of underwear everybody prefers, I don't know. Sorry you will just have to stick with your underoos until you get better intell.
So sit back, take another picture of your AR and post it in a thread..............

MASTER BLASTER
carrasco.home.texas.net/mastpara.gif
Join Army Special Forces! Ask me how.

That's good Doorkicker, start with the name calling and insults. I won't bother to answer your post other then to say you are beneath me if you are going to start with that shit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Special Forces, Delta

Yes Dumb ASS! Special Forces and DELTA are two different things, but then you know that cause the guys at the play ground told you..........when they were between missions that is. Give me a break.

nice
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's good Doorkicker, start with the name calling and insults. I won't bother to answer your post other then to say you are beneath me if you are going to start with that shit.

I figured as much, you will not answer because you can't!

MASTER BLASTER

Join Army Special Forces! Ask me how.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Special Forces, Delta

nice

Damn Lumpy these guys are acting like I thru a frag into their tent! Guys I have already stated
that I would STFU if someone gave me the number, that is all I am asking.  I will admit when I am wrong I have already said that, all you have to do is show me the number. Otherwise let this thing die.

Doorkicker I hope to God you are not part of our fighting force, why would we need enemies when we have you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]
2manchu,

Thanks for the info.

I went to a local gun shop this weeken to check it out, unfortunately, they DID not have any.

So, now my other choice is to have some ammo on hand and wait for someone to show up at the rage with EOTech or ACOG and ask them to let me try it.

rgds,  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's EoTech's link: www.eotech-inc.com/tactical/news.html

Good enough for ya' Boom?

FWIW: Aimpoint has been around for a long time. It's not surprising that they were chosen to supply the armed forces. It was a new thing. It was good. They realized that selling to the armed forces is profitable. Other companies slept.

Forward to 2004. Other companies have caught up. Aimpoint is still in the lead due to their existing relationship with the armed forces, but other companies are starting to get a piece of the pie with some better innovations.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's EoTech's link: www.eotech-inc.com/tactical/news.html

Good enough for ya' Boom?

FWIW: Aimpoint has been around for a long time. It's not surprising that they were chosen to supply the armed forces. It was a new thing. It was good. They realized that selling to the armed forces is profitable. Other companies slept.

Forward to 2004. Other companies have caught up. Aimpoint is still in the lead due to their existing relationship with the armed forces, but other companies are starting to get a piece of the pie with some better innovations.

Thats plenty good enough for me, Thank you. Chen my hats off to you, I will eat crow now
I was wrong and you were right period.

EOtech would never place that on their site unless they did have the contract. I take my leave now.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
"I seriously do not believe that the SF Operators in SMGLees picture purchased the Eotechs with their own money. Alot of money has been poured into Special Forces over the past few years. This small group probably did prefer Eotechs and the U.S. Army payed for them. "

I was referenceing the two guys with EO's in the first pick posted by boom not the OBVIOUSLY SF GUYS PICTURED IN THE OTHER PICTURE WHO ALL HAVE EO'S AND WHO'S EO'S ARE OBVIOUSLY ISSUED.

When a grunt spends hard earned money on gear he allready has a substitute for; it generally means it is CLEARLY better gear.  

Take any example personal web gear, boots, rucks etc. the soldiers rarely if ever replace a issue item with an inferior item.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Good thread.

No - I'm not joking!

It's a little f*^#!ng weird (& I still haven't figured out if Ford or Chevy won!), but it's a good thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't mind the EOphobes around here.  If it works for you, then by all means get it.  If it doesn't, then don't.  The EOTech works far better for me than the Aimpoint, that's why I use it.  I don't understand why some people are so afraid of a new optic being adopted.  There's room for both and I'd rather have more choices in equipment that I might have to stake my life on.  Everyone is different and gear needs to reflect that.  I think its great there there is more than one choice in optics, it's about time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have both - although I prefer the EOTHING.

Boom - you were man enough to admit an oversite, most in electron land would simply ignore.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top