User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
It seems to me that every weapon that has the M4 barrel should have the "proper" handguard cap, otherwise the M4 barrel cut is worthless. I'm talking about actual military weapons here.

WRT civilian rifles that are not meant for combat, it really doesn't matter. For the sake of "authenticity," yes, the notched cap would be an appropriate addition, just like the M4 feed ramps are an important detail. In reality, it just doesn't matter. To each his own. Nobody's AR-15 is "better" than my Colt or Bushmaster simply because it has all the correct M4 bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go jump up and down and beat your chest somewhere else. The pit perhaps.

Considering you never post anything technical or worthwhile on the AR board, I think you belong in the pit.

Well I guess you have a high response count because you used three replies to answer me.

Anyway, tell me how this thread is "technical or worthwhile". Also, go through my posts before you pop off.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
CLT Expert
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I always wanted to be a self proclaimed "expert" on something, sadly it looks like I'll have to scratch being a "Colt Expert"  of my list of potential titles.  

As to the topic of the thread, I'd guess that more than 95% of "M4 type" barrel owners do not care about or will never use/need the "notches".   X 2

ETA: IF scottryan really is a "COLT EXPERT" then I wonder why he would need to proclaim the title so openly?  Titles such as those are given by peers, not self proclaimed.  I think someone needs attention.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.

Someone's lost it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I want the last two minutes of my life back that I wasted reading this stupid thread.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yawn.... I gave up drinking coolaid when I was 14.

Here is another one accusing Colt vs. Brand X.

Actually SUNSHINE I didn't mention another brand either.

So am I going to be E-thugged by you now too? Do I get to E-drawdown on you in true ARFCOM fashion?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no use for a notched handguard cap. In fact, I have no use for a notched barrel.

I don't use Wiley-X shooting glasses, either.

The man's got it all figured out.

I don't care how Ubertactical an M4 profiled barrel looks like; I don't see myself having an M203 anytime soon, I'll stick with a regular AR barrel anyday. Notched handguard caps on a civilian AR15 are as useful as spinners on hubcaps.
[/quote

WHAT NO WHY NOT  I will call the millspec gestapo
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...snip... you better not be implying that I'm a newb.

Everyone is a newb to somebody.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Technically M4 denotes the sum of requirements/parts as a whole.

So unless you have a lower with the little happy pin above the selector, attached to your upper with the feedramps, the M203 cut out, the notched handguard cap, and the other man ego tampon add ons, you dont have an M4 barrel either.

Besides, most people I see denote the barrel as M4 profile.

Either way, this is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

snip

this is stupid.

You got that right.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Technically M4 denotes the sum of requirements/parts as a whole.

So unless you have a lower with the little happy pin above the selector, attached to your upper with the feedramps, the M203 cut out, the notched handguard cap, and the other man ego tampon add ons, you dont have an M4 barrel either.

Besides, most people I see denote the barrel as M4 profile.

Either way, this is stupid.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#14]
WTFOMGLMFAO!!!111!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It seems to me that every weapon that has the M4 barrel should have the "proper" handguard cap, otherwise the M4 barrel cut is worthless. I'm talking about actual military weapons here.

WRT civilian rifles that are not meant for combat, it really doesn't matter. For the sake of "authenticity," yes, the notched cap would be an appropriate addition, just like the M4 feed ramps are an important detail. In reality, it just doesn't matter. To each his own. Nobody's AR-15 is "better" than my Colt or Bushmaster simply because it has all the correct M4 bells and whistles.

I agree.  If you going to make a m4 barrel why not make it  correctly.  If it dosent matter to you that ok too, I was just taught to do things correctly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  If you going to make a m4 barrel why not make it  correctly.  If it dosent matter to you that ok too, I was just taught to do things correctly.

Well yes I would love to do everything correct in the first place.

Like build my 5,000 square foot house with in-door shooting range, bomb shelter, escape tunnels, and movie theater the very first time I build a house. Instead of living in my first condo which is two storys, 800 square feet, and $140,000

Or buy a Jeep with 37 inch MTRs, Pro Rock Dana 60 axles, Atlas transfer case, NV3500 tranny, full cage, and Cummins diesel engine the first time I buy a Jeep. Instead of driving around in my 1998 Jeep with a 4 inch lift, 33 inch tires, and stock axles

Or make the perfect widget that every consumer in America will want and be able to afford in the exact configuartion I deem when I start my own business.  Plus this widget will only cost me $1 to make and sell.Instead of working for the Man

Doing things correctly the first time is not always financially or practically plausible.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I find it quite interesting how everybody thinks they have an M4 barrel and brag about features such as F stamped FSB, feedramps, MP testing, blah, blah, blah, yet they can't seem to use a M4 notched handguard cap on a M4 barrel.

That is interesting... One would think that the companies that are mocking COLT's designs would at least do it right... If your going to manufacture something to resemble someone else's product, at least do it right...

Reading some of these replies about the handguard cap cut out not being a concern because they have no intention of ever using a M203, then why even buy a barrel the has the M203 cut out?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#19]
And I thought the GD was fucking worthless...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top