Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
doubletap
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

would greatly appreciate some detail pics of where you cut.

- myself and many others
View Quote

Sorry man, been busy. Here's one from my IG  that shows a bit more 

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Money shot.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Still probably my favorite rifle on the site^
View Quote

Gracias.  You still have first dibs if I ever sell the rail.  That's a big if though
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My man. Currently assembling a Kino 12.5 with the C4 FSP, and may have to do a 10.5 FSP too with the same rail! New CA friendly setups.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Just bought a vltor casv-El, it classifies. Going to be on my new go to. I love a fsb cut rail!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered the Centurin C4 FSP for the Kino I'm building. Pumped to see how installation is.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I just found this thread tonight. Shorties with fsb cutout rails rock. I finished up this build recently.  11.5 BCM lightweight upper with AEM-2. My new favorite ebr. Probably switch the stock for an imod and the noveske rail covers for BCM's.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fatty comes in at about 1# per inch  I need to get some new pics now that I've warn it in a bit.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Petes1552/CQBR/F8EDF1BD-FD4E-44E1-A98C-E58CBAC00940_zpsbzpgkpai.jpg
View Quote

Is that a 10.5" Barrel?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is that a 10.5" Barrel?
View Quote

10.3" DD barrel
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Made some updates....

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Sure wish a legit company made an fsp with m-lok.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find one in the 13-15" range
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
For anyone looking to pick up a Centurion C4 FSP rail they are as if now in stock @ BCM
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure wish a legit company made an fsp with m-lok.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find one in the 13-15" range
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This was posted on the previous page. Is that what you're looking for?

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Centurion CMR FSP Rails are only available in uppers built by Monte. You can email Corrie or Monte to order one.  They still had some in 12" and 14" a few months ago.
http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2016/02/23/centurion-arms-cmr-14-25in-fsp-rail/
http://jerkingthetrigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/centurion-arms-1425-cmr-fsp.jpg
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Only saw one other MI MTAR Rail so here...
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks bruh. 

http://i.imgur.com/IWbo95g.jpg
View Quote
Y'all making me proud with these DIY FSB rails!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

14.5" step brothers but the fsb centurion/BCM has been rebarreled with a Colt asocom with pinned A2 unlike the other BCM standard Carbine with A2X.  RIS II FSP is awaiting a Colt Socom barrel with pinned B.E Meyers (possibly even a chop to 13.7" so we shall see............
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#21]
BCM 11.5 with Geissele MK8 9.5" inspired by @htomeheb

Finished it last Sunday and can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Bump.

Don't want this to be archived.  I have some neat FSP cutouts I want to share, if only they were ever complete:-(.  

One will be done soon; need to pick up a surefire XT07 and possibly a better trigger.  Oh and a paint touch-up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree. Keep the dream alive and avoid the archive!

I've been a silent fan of this thread for a while, as I drew inspiration from it for my FSB Cutout build. Now it is clear that I must emerge from the shadows to inspire others and see if it triggers some new pics, or at the very least some new conversation.

Lot's of customization on this build I did from scratch. Many parts will be easily identifiable from the photos. Some key items to call out are:

- Aero Upper Receiver
- 14.5" Daniel Defense CHF Gov Profile, Midlength Barrel with their improved FSB design
- Pinned / Welded PWS FSC556 (not the funky Mod 2 version)
- Midlength Centurion C4 Cutout Rail (surprise, suprise)
- And, because I wish I was Swamp Thing, I run it with a Ranger Green Magpul sling (not pictured)

Enjoy...

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
My sbr

10.5 FN CHF
Centurion C4 carbine cutout
PSA lower
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I just realized that this thread is in the sub-forum "Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more". Perhaps if it was relocated to the main AR discussion list it would get more love.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just realized that this thread is in the sub-forum "Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more". Perhaps if it was relocated to the main AR discussion list it would get more love.
View Quote
That's where it was originally posted and a mod sent it here to die. Keep the dream alive! 
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Waiting on a few more parts
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's where it was originally posted and a mod sent it here to die. Keep the dream alive! 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lame. If anything, just makes us that much more exclusive. Bring on the pics!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Yussssss.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is my Patrol Rifle

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AZ,

I will defer to you as the originator,  but any objection to me trying to revive this in the main AR Discusion thread? We are nearly dead here and I'm thinking if we rename it something like "Official Free-Float FSB Cutout Builds Picture Thread" we might get some more traction. I promise to give credit where it's due.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Also, I've been informed by Corrie at Centurion  Arms Sales Dept that they will be doing a limited run of the since discontinued 12" C4 rail with FSB cutout. I'm told if anyone jumps on their mailing list they will receive an email update when available. More to come.

(FYI - I have no affiliation with Centurion. After inquiry,  I simply learned that I was one of many who was asking about this rail. Enough response was generated that they decide to do a limited run.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also, I've been informed by Corrie at Centurion  Arms Sales Dept that they will be doing a limited run of the since discontinued 12" C4 rail with FSB cutout. I'm told if anyone jumps on their mailing list they will receive an email update when available. More to come.

(FYI - I have no affiliation with Centurion. After inquiry,  I simply learned that I was one of many who was asking about this rail. Enough response was generated that they decide to do a limited run.)
View Quote
Bump.  

The wrap around C4 or the one that only extends to the end of the gas block?

Also, Corrie at Centurion is a pleasure to deal with.  I have never dealt with a person on the phone or by email who is more competent, friendly and professional.  She REALLY knows those products inside and out and on those few occasions when she won't have an answer she gets one from Monte in short order.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bump.  

Also, Corrie at Centurion is a pleasure to deal with.  I have never dealt with a person on the phone or by email who is more competent, friendly and professional.  She REALLY knows those products inside and out and on those few occasions when she won't have an answer she gets one from Monte in short order.
View Quote
This.

they are great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bump.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bump.  

This is the rail...

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Centurion cut out fsb in DD cerakote
Sandman s
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Configuration one:

Configuration two:

80% of the time I train with it in configuration two in order to maintain my iron sight proficiency.  Those times when I use it in configuration one it's like cheating.  However because of the larue levers I can use either sighting option interchangeably.  The LT103 makes for one hell of an emergency backup in the unlikely event the TR24 ever goes down.

Basic specs as follows:

Strike Industries FSP cutout megafins rail (may be the first such photo on this VERY under appreciated thread)
Spikes midlength CHF ELW upper
Noveske chainsaw lower
Spikes lower parts kit
ALG QMS trigger
BCM grip and handguard panels
Vltor A1 length ARM stock
TR24 (Green triangle)
Larue LT103
CSAT Aperture
KNS .034 FSP
GG&G 3 slot keymod rail (for mounting the LT103 when not in use)
Precision Armament EFAB
Surefire M300 scout
Impact weapons components mount-n-slot scout mount
VTAC sling with Proctor sling attachments

This is my truck gun.  My serious use set-up is also FSP cutout, although of slightly different configuration.

I'm doing my part to keep this dream alive.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

AZ,

I will defer to you as the originator,  but any objection to me trying to revive this in the main AR Discusion thread? We are nearly dead here and I'm thinking if we rename it something like "Official Free-Float FSB Cutout Builds Picture Thread" we might get some more traction. I promise to give credit where it's due.
View Quote
I agree.  This should be "The OFFICIAL FF FSP Cutout Thread" or something to that effect.  If we change the location of this thread, our property value goes up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I agree.  This should be "The OFFICIAL FF FSP Cutout Thread" or something to that effect.  If we change the location of this thread, our property value goes up.
View Quote
Silence is consent. I'll give AZ another day. After that, I'm taking us mainstream.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Silence is consent. I'll give AZ another day. After that, I'm taking us mainstream.
View Quote
When this thread started it was in AR Discussions. A Mod moved it here. There was some back and forth between the OP and the Mod. So thats why its in here, and unless the Mod changes his mind, it will stay in here I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When this thread started it was in AR Discussions. A Mod moved it here. There was some back and forth between the OP and the Mod. So thats why its in here, and unless the Mod changes his mind, it will stay in here I'm sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am aware of the history. The thought is it may have something to do with the title "#OFFICIAL# FSP Cutout Extended Handguard Rail PIC thread". I'd like to rebrand it as a build thread. There is no harm in trying, is there? After all, Mod does not equal God.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#42]
The title could have been changed if that was the issue. PM Lancelot as I believe that is who made the decision. Other wise good luck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The title could have been changed if that was the issue. PM Lancelot as I believe that is who made the decision. Other wise good luck.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll run it up the flagpole to King Arthur for approval. I can be very persuasive.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Centurion bring these back....

...and you have sold at least 2.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Centurion bring these back....

https://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/Centurion-06012-FSP-2.jpg

...and you have sold at least 2.
View Quote
They are sometime in the next month. See my post above. Get on their mailing list to be notified when available.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Still waiting on a few more parts but this rifle is pretty much done. It is a rebuild. The gun started out as a clone Block I build. Somehow I have managed to end up with multiple clone builds. Decided to lighten this one up. Still waiting on my Vortex FH and ADM mount for the MRO.

The before photo. It is the painted one.

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Tis an awesome rail, so much lighter than the RIS

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes ditching the KAC, SOPMOD stock, M68 Aimpoint and Matec BUIS was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Build thread

Anderson lower
BCM LPK
ALG QMS trigger
BCM GF trigger guard
BCM GF Mod 0 grip
BCM GF end plate
BCM GF stock
BCM BT
H3 buffer
Springco Blue action spring

BCM upper receiver
Colt 14.5" M4 profile barrel
BCM extended A2 hider P&W (changing to an SEI Vortex)
BCM BCG
BCM Mod 4 CH
Centurion Arms C4 Carbine cutout
Magpul XTM rail panels and hand stop
Troy BUIS
Trijicon tritium front sight (possibly changing to the XS CSAT system)
Trijicon MRO with factory mount (changing mount to ADM mount)
Surefire Scout M600 SR02 dual switch
Gear Sector scout mount
Magpul MS4 sling in grey

I really like the BCM gunfighter stock, it is compact and light weight. My only issue is with the QD sockets, they only allow your QD sling swivels to go in one way. It would have been nice if they added a relief for the QD swivels to go in vertical as well as horizontal.

@Texsylvanian

How do you like your CSAT rear sight? Pros? Cons?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#49]
@Charlie_Foxtrot

I am a big fan and I recommend it.  

I don't own a shot timer but if I were to guess, I would say that I am about 80% as fast with a CSAT Aperture as I am with an aimpoint up close.  At distance I was notably more precise with the aimpoint so I added the KNS tapered front sight post which helped to alleviate that.

They key when using it is to take it's creator's advice, which he told to me in person: use the notch at 7-10 yards and under and the peep for everything else.

Once you are used to it it's a very intuitive aperture.  Certainly the best $35 upgrade I have ever made, but then again I believe in iron sights... hence why I am on this topic.

I very much like the ability to shoot either sight at will on the same gun.  While in theory I think of the LT103 w/CSAT as a BUIS, in practice it as more a "dual sighted rifle."
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Folks,

I've attempted to jumpstart our mainstream revival in AR Discusions. It's a "Build" pic and discussion thread open to both cutout and non-cutout forends. Only rules, build must be an AR variant, have an FSB, and a free float forend. Thought this might give it a better chance. Hopefully it sticks this time. See you there.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/712263_Official-Free-Float-FSB-Builds-Revival--Picture-Discussion-Thread-.html
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top