BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn’t this be very similar to the Winchester .351SLR?

Pinkerton OUT!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be legal for deer hunting in Iowa.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What will this do that the .300 BO will not?  I take it this is a 357 magnum stuffed into a straight walled .223 case.
Be legal for deer hunting in Iowa.
Ohio deer legal as well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t this be very similar to the Winchester .351SLR?

Pinkerton OUT!
View Quote
Not far off but .351 is not legal in IA for deer. Must be .357 or larger.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
i just dont wanna "neck turn" or whatever... 300 blk is cool cause you just chop, and run through die.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm tagging this thread for now.  Ron Williams used to make .357 magnum DI uppers, but I haven't seen him post in a few years.  He did a lot of work with Bazooka Bros and Tromix.  The uppers were using DE mags sleeved into a straght body 20rd 5.56 mag body, and a heavily modified bolt, but I'm clueless beyond that as to what witchcraft he did.

So this is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm tagging this thread for now.  Ron Williams used to make .357 magnum DI uppers, but I haven't seen him post in a few years.  He did a lot of work with Bazooka Bros and Tromix.  The uppers were using DE mags sleeved into a straght body 20rd 5.56 mag body, and a heavily modified bolt, but I'm clueless beyond that as to what witchcraft he did.

So this is relevant to my interests.
View Quote
Ron is still around, still doing pistol caliber uppers and complete guns. He has done several 357 mag guns it takes alot to get them to feed well as stated using sleeved DE mags in 223 mag bodies. When Srarline came out with the 223 basic brass that should make it easier to duplicate 357 max ballistics in the AR 15 platform, I have not seen any load data using the 223 basic brass but should be good with mid weight bullets?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Project is still moving along-slowly. Got my brass trimmed, ordered a reamer for the necks-but it's apparently meant for a different model trimmer than I borrowed. So I have to get the shank of the reamer turned down to fit. One guy on the MDWS forum went ahead and loaded a few rounds without reaming, might try that with a couple too. Based on test fitting, the reamer isn't going to take much off anyway.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
all a rimless .357 is, is a 9mm largo! use a 9mm bolt and a .357 barrel. the case is long enough to hold whatever powder you wish to do with it. sub-sonic or high vel. and use 5.56 mag.s I've put 158 gr. SWC in largo cases to play with. (the pistols where 9mm largos from south american) but I don't see any reason where you really need any thing special to have to get?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
all a rimless .357 is, is a 9mm largo! use a 9mm bolt and a .357 barrel. the case is long enough to hold whatever powder you wish to do with it. sub-sonic or high vel. and use 5.56 mag.s I've put 158 gr. SWC in largo cases to play with. (the pistols where 9mm largos from south american) but I don't see any reason where you really need any thing special to have to get?
View Quote
9mm largo uses .355 bullets. Illegal in Iowa for deer hunting. They set .357 as the minimum bullet diameter to prevent people using 9mm...even if using a 9mm that would do the job.

That, and it's a project.
Eta...isnt largo about .357 mag case length? .357 Maximum is longer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top