Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2018 3:04:19 PM EDT
The .510 Beck was of interest to me but I’ve seen nothing new concerning it and haven’t managed to get a return call from Beck. Does anyone know what came of it? Was it cancelled? Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
At one time there was a rumor flying around that Lancer was going to make magazines for it.
I talked to Lancer and they told me they had no plans to make any 510 Beck mags.

Tony
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Not rumor. Their engineers and managers are quoted in one of the big news articles from 2016...

Recoil article on .510 Beck

------------
The Magazine
Lancer Systems began development of the L12 AWM .510 Beck magazine by modifying its 7.62 L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazine. Turning the double stack .308 magazine into a single stack .510 was no easy task.

“The large diameter for such a long length really changes how a system feeds compared to a standard .223 or .308 round,” says Lancer System’s engineer Matthew Pettit. He explains the large round ends up in three points of contact as it’s fed. It’s in contact with the breech face, the top of the feed lips, and the top of the chamber at the same time. This contact robs the loading cartridge of energy, slowing it down and increasing the likelihood of a misfeed. Lancer’s mission was to overcome the round’s stubbornness and prevent it from getting hung up on its way into the chamber.

As with Lancer’s L5 and L7 mags, the L12AWM is a lightweight, polymer magazine with hardened steel feed lips. Lancer says its L12AWM is capable of reliably feeding a wide range of projectile weights, from a 327 gr. Controlled Chaos round, to a 680 gr. solid brass subsonic round, with future plans to increase projectile weights.

California-resident and hunter friendly 5- and 7-round L12 magazines will be available by fall, 2016 and we’re told Lancer may flesh out the line with an additional 10-round magazine.

“The L12AWM is the latest evolution in our magazine line, building off of the engineering and design that went into the L5AWM, L7AWM and SIG Sauer MPX hybrid magazines,” says Kas McManus, business area manager of advanced weapons & components at Lancer. “We’re proud to partner with Beck Defense on this project and introduce a hybrid magazine for the .510 Beck cartridge that is unlike anything else out there.”
-------------

I mean, Lancer cut molds for it, and helped with the PR rollout, but things must have come apart, business-wise.

Beck Defense even had Starline making their brass for them.

I really wish this project had taken off.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could get a stash of these for my .500 Phantom, .470 Rhino, and especially for my .358 HDH.  The first two feed OK with standard DPMS LR mags but the problem child is the HDH.  More than 5 in its mag is a no-go.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If that mag actually worked (correctly), it would most likely be shown with more than 6 rounds in it.

Tony Rumore
Tromix
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Bumping this one back up, somebody has to know something.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't see much progress, unfortunately.

But Bishop Ammunition is coming out with a big .475 Odin for the AR-10 sized firearms.

Attachment Attached File

.475 Odin, .458 SOCOM, and .308 Win

375 grains at 2600 fps.  6000 ft-lbs muzzle energy.

More at their FB page.

Best,
JBR
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top