Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2022 2:48:32 PM EDT
Why don't they make one???

Anyone know of a coupler that would work?
Anyone a 3D printing guru that will make a blown up version of Magpul's standard couplers?

The D50 is cool. But she's a heavy bitch on guns that were never light to begin with.

With the growing popularity of the AR10/AR308 platform I'm surprised no one makes them.
Heavy, yes.
Practical, probably not.

But damnit! This is America!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL! And they were almost as cheap as 3 pack of 5.56 mag couplers recently I heard.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL! And they were almost as cheap as 3 pack of 5.56 mag couplers recently I heard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You knuckleheads
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a bunch HK ones that work with my valmet mags as well.  Of course never thought about trying with the AR variant mags...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Either assemble a chest or belt rig that has more 308 mags on them, or buy the D-50 and don't have to worry about any mag changes if for whatever purpose you have for wanting more ammo for.

Or is this because you don't want to spend the money on a D-50 or rigs?

The cheapest way to get more rounds would be this.

The next cheaper than a D-50 after the above would be this as well.

But IMO by then you'd already be at or close to the weight of the D-50, same height of the D-50, paid almost as much for a D-50, so you may as well just get a D-50 and have ten more rounds and keeping things stupid simple by that point.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 25's.
I just feel like the 15's (with couplers) are making fun of the 10's (308) (in the safe) lol.

I'm not big on drums.

I find it odd that Magpul doesn't make 308 couplers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got an LR20 coupler, replaces the magazine baseplates.  It was made by Springer Precision and fits the gen 2 where the baseplate attaches from the front.
They don't make them anymore, which is a shame.  It was the same design as their AR15 coupler, just scaled up for the LR pmag.  I've also successfully used the Taccom +5 bases on both the LR20 and the LR25, but good luck getting prone with it.

Springer:

Taccom +5:
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I like that!

I got  plenty of 25s, but as much as I like the 50 drums, they don't play nice with anything chest rig related..

Do I NEED it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
But I'm an American!!!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top