Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro]
I noticed this for sale and it came PW on a few uppers chambered for 5.56

https://www.primaryarms.com/dead-air-armament-556-muzzle-brake-suppressor-mount-1-2x28

Looks like a .30 cal bore. With such a large bore does this basically become a flash hider unsuppressed at that point?

It should have less blast and concussion. For those in less than free states would this be a good alternative to a flash hider?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#1]
as an over bore brake it will be fine

If you mount a 30 cal can on it,
It will not be as quiet as a dedicated 556 suppressor, but it should drop the dBs reasonably with subsonic loads

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:07:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#2]
Typical allowance for exit port of a brake is .020" give or take, so you would not get the recoil mitigation of proper sized exit port, being over 10x larger.  For use inside a can I don't think there will be much difference in report, provided the can is 5.56

All brakes are loud, the larger port isn't going to help much with that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
They work fine. There’s a tiny performance loss that most people won’t realize. I think MDT just did a video on oversized brakes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
I noticed this for sale and it came PW on a few uppers chambered for 5.56

https://www.primaryarms.com/dead-air-armament-556-muzzle-brake-suppressor-mount-1-2x28

Looks like a .30 cal bore. With such a large bore does this basically become a flash hider unsuppressed at that point?

It should have less blast and concussion. For those in less than free states would this be a good alternative to a flash hider?

View Quote

It has NOTHING in common with a flash hider. Its a brake. It will be freaking horrible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top