Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2019 8:56:03 AM EDT
What size punches do I need to take out the firing pin retaining pin and the extractor retaining pin on a Kalashnikov variant
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's 2mm if I remember correctly.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 2:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProfessorHorseyhead] [#2]
5/64" (which is effectively 2mm as mentioned above), which is the diameter of the pin punch found in every issued cleaning kit.

you get three guesses as to why that punch, in that issued cleaning kit, is that diameter.  and the first two guesses don't count.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont have a commie cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 545_7n6:
I dont have a commie cleaning kit.
View Quote
Very high quality and includes a slave pin for FCG reassembly: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/POLISH-AKM-ROUND-CLEANING-KIT-NEW-5p1693.htm

AJ
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: b1ff] [#5]
The punch from the cleaning kit was too large in diameter to fit my WASR's bolt.  Had to use a 1.7mm metric punch instead.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top