Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2020 2:01:09 PM EDT
About 15 or more years ago I bought one from a dealer at a gun show. Other than a shorter barrel it is the same as any other SKS. This one has a milled receiver and a screw in barrel with the blonde wood stock.

I've maybe put a couple hundred rounds through it over the years, used to toss it in the truck when ever heading to the woods.  Seems plenty accurate within the 50-75 Yds shooting - never tried targets beyond that.

I did swap out the fixed 10Rd mag for a Tapco 20Rd "detachable" a while back and it worked well.  Wish I'd have bought two of them  - this one has been a great little accurate carbine.

Correction:  it was in the mid 90's - so like 25 years ago

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Para that I bought at a gun show when they were first being imported. It even came with the spike bayonet already attached. NIB with 200 rds of ChiCom ammo in a ziploc bag for $99.99, IIRC. I put about 1000 rds through it before I got into AKs. Like you, I never shot it at long ranges, but out to about 100 yds, it was accurate enough and was as reliable as the day is long. I left mine all stock and, at one time, was pretty good at loading with stripper clips. I haven't shot it in years at this point, but I plan on keeping it anyway. Just a nice, relatively light, relatively short and handy carbine that I paid peanuts for. Why not keep it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep it? No argument there.  Hard to beat the reliability and accuracy for what we paid for  'em.

I guess those were the "good old days".
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have three short-barreled chicom sks rifles: a paratrooper, and M and a polytech hunter.  The first two have horrible triggers.
But I always shoot my mak 90, never the sks.  Better truck gun..
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top