Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2021 12:50:54 AM EDT
Thanks in advance for any help sharing of your knowledge and experience.

In my opinion, the long wooden Cylinder Look of the SVD / Dragunov Handguards with the Laminate wood that wraps completely around and over the top of the gas tube looks awesome.

I have the Americanized 20 inch barrel Russian Vepr Molot rifles with the U-shaped Handguards that are open on top so the gas tube is not covered by the wood.

Back in 2016, a talented guy made some adapters / brackets that made it possible to mount the authentic SVD / Tigr / Dragunov Laminate Wood Handguard sets onto the Russian Vepr Molot rifles. He sold them on Gunbroker for $139 each but unfortunately, he is all sold out now and can not make any more.
Is there anyone on this great forum that knows who could make some of these adapter / brackets again ?

If anyone reading this is interested in buying some of these adapter / brackets please reply to help get a headcount to cover the set up cost.

Do any of you guys know of a reputable machinist and or gunsmith that could do this project ?

Where are some reliable places that we can buy real authentic SVD / Dragunov Laminate Wood Handguards ?

I know there are already companies that make handguards for Vepr rifles to try to make them look similar to an SVD / Dragunov with six vent holes on the sides. Those handguards look ok from the side view but they are still just U-shaped handguards with out that long wooden Cylinder look of an SVD / Dragunov. I know the Vepr has a different operating system than the SVD / Dragunov, but for this project we are just trying to get a more authentic SVD / Dragunov LOOK. The goal is to get the SVD / Dragunov LOOK but closer to a Vepr budget.

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps share knowledge and replies with any feedback for this post.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top