Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2020 11:48:27 PM EDT
is there any reason to not use a NDS receiver? i have a krink to build and like the fact childers is thicker steel as well as has a better overall fit and finish
also like they custom engrave the receivers to appear more OEM with markings and whatnot.
anyone chime in who has either nds or the childers please.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You summed it up. I have both and both are fine. I like the Childers also for the matching serial and Polish markings but both are fine. Never had one but the internet seems to think recreators are superior to any other receiver.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By par0thead151:
i have a krink to build and like the fact childers is thicker steel
View Quote

They don't have thicker steel if it's for a typical 1.0mm kit. But given people use "krink" to mean any short AK I suppose it could also mean Serbian pattern builds that use 1.5mm receivers.

Never had one but the internet seems to think recreators are superior to any other receiver.
View Quote

Recreator has more correct details than Childers, especially on their '74 pattern receivers/blanks. That's a lot of builders prefer them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i got my kit at Rguns when they had bulgarian parts kits for sale
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Childers has a full auto lower rail.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with Childers. I have had two AKM rifles built by Troy Sellars of In Range. Came out flawless.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Childers FTW
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top