Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2023 12:31:05 PM EDT
Big plans from everyone’s favorite AK accessories company. New factory underway. Spoiler: it’s freaking huge!

Click: THIS VIDEO
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That is great and all ... but are they still able to export ...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is great and all ... but are they still able to export ...
View Quote

Everything comes to an end my friend. Let’s hope for peace, and a return to trade. Again: this is the technical section, but I think we can all agree on that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a war on...going to be plenty of BFPU Zenitco to choose from on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Big plans from everyone’s favorite AK accessories company. New factory underway. Spoiler: it’s freaking huge!

Click: THIS VIDEO
View Quote

This hurts from the soul right down to my balls, but not my wallet because we will never be able to get it in an accessible manner.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a war on...going to be plenty of BFPU Zenitco to choose from on the secondary market.
View Quote

Parts kits too fingers crossed. I'll help empty those salt mines
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
When I first saw their optics, I had a feeling they were outsourcing to China. I guess I was wrong as they are milling the housings in house and building the circuit boards. The glass I am not sure where they are sourcing but I guess they could be making it in Russia. Too bad we will never see them here to test and put them up against the western stuff.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, we can only hope that Putin and his cronies go away, NATO leaves Russia alone, and all the children in the world put their hands together for a Saiga import version of an AK-12, AKV-521 and more Barnaul ammo.

Seriously, this war sickens me. Slavs killing Slavs? This is a dream come true for Holy Roman Emperors, Napoleons and Hitlers alike.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, we can only hope that Putin and his cronies go away, NATO leaves Russia alone, and all the children in the world put their hands together for a Saiga import version of an AK-12, AKV-521 and more Barnaul ammo.

Seriously, this war sickens me. Slavs killing Slavs? This is a dream come true for Holy Roman Emperors, Napoleons and Hitlers alike.
View Quote

The sanctions against Russian arms manufacturers will never be lifted

Call me a pessimist if you will, but you will never see Russian firearms, parts kits, accessories, or ammunition (new contract that is) ever again
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The sanctions against Russian arms manufacturers will never be lifted

Call me a pessimist if you will, but you will never see Russian firearms, parts kits, accessories, or ammunition (new contract that is) ever again
View Quote

Directly from Russia, yes.

Best case for a source would be a post-war Ukraine consolidating and surplussing off old AKM and unserviceable/excess AK74. And maybe rebuilding their ammo factory in Luhansk if we are lucky since surplus 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are banned from import.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Best case for a source would be a post-war Ukraine consolidating and surplussing off old AKM and unserviceable/excess AK74. And maybe rebuilding their ammo factory in Luhansk if we are lucky since surplus 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are banned from import.
View Quote

I think the war will not go as you seem to think it will my friend.
But again: this is the technical section so let’s save the wild speculation and Russophobia for general discussion sections where it seems to be tolerated.

What I do know is that all things come to an end, and even in the meantime there will be work-arounds. Expensive work-arounds, but work-arounds none the less.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you.
View Quote

We have a lot of Russian people that view this particular forum and I want it just as welcoming for them as it is for the Ukrainians.
Anyway, I also want to get a hold of one of Zenitco’s reps and ask for a picatinny top to their sport 12 rails…

Point is: I seldom get what I want out of life.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Im sure some of their products will end up in Kazakhstan and find its way over here. Money talks and everything else walks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But again: this is the technical section so let’s save the wild speculation and Russophobia for general discussion sections where it seems to be tolerated.

What I do know is that all things come to an end, and even in the meantime there will be work-arounds. Expensive work-arounds, but work-arounds none the less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I support your optimism, your premise is flawed.

China was banned from importing any rifle barreled firearms  (which is why we still get crappy Chinese shotguns) in the 90's. If you were right, that ban would have been lifted by now and we'd be awash in Norinco AKs and M14s. I hear nothing about that ban being lifted and it's been 30 years. Hell, the Russian ban started in 2014 and it's only getting worse, not better.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

China was banned from importing any rifle barreled firearms  (which is why we still get crappy Chinese shotguns) in the 90's. If you were right, that ban would have been lifted by now and we'd be awash in Norinco AKs and M14s. I hear nothing about that ban being lifted and it's been 30 years. Hell, the Russian ban started in 2014 and it's only getting worse, not better.

View Quote

concur. I watched cheap AKs and cheap ammo disappear overnight. Took almost a year before other ammo started coming in in bulk. Was a rough time to be an AK owner.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

concur. I watched cheap AKs and cheap ammo disappear overnight. Took almost a year before other ammo started coming in in bulk. Was a rough time to be an AK owner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let’s hope for the best. I think part of any settlement would be the lifting of sanctions. Assuming we get a settlement when we have a pro-firearm administration, we might be sitting in a much better position than we are with Chinese ammunition. And even China I’m bullish on. The lynx 12 is a great platform. I picked one up for less than $300 two years ago… point is, there is some light at the end of every tunnel.
The rest I will leave for GD.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top