Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2018 11:53:48 PM EDT
I got bit badly from looking at the Alpha builds and sweet Zenit gear. I have a Romanian RPK and I love it. I see that Zenit makes some RPK stuff and I ordered the RPK lower handguard and grip (RK 1 and B 20 U). I have a question regarding the PT 3 folding stock. Does the stock require the receiver trunnion to be set up for a folding stock? Also, would putting a PT 3 stock on an RPK even be possible? I’m obviously trying to do a Zenit RPK and I’m just curious about what my options are. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Edit, forgot the RPKs might have clearance issues with side folders and latches because of the bulged out trunnion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This stock?  If so it looks like it would require modification to your receiver.  Remove trunnion, weld up holes, cut out and install folding trunnion.  Oh, don't forget modifying trunnion for thicker RPK receiver.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes PT series stocks require a 4.5mm or 5.5mm folding trunnion already installed on your rifle. They mount to the existing pin hardware by 4.5 or 5.5mm adapter plate

They also do not require the use of the front latch to lock in the folded position, there is a lever in the mount that releases the stock

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, thanks and good to know. There’s not a lot of good info on these that I could find.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top