Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 10:46:09 AM EDT
Looking at getting a ZPap92 Pistol.

I plan and putting in other FCG pins and a retaining plate and read that the safeties should be replaced.  What Yugo semi-automatic safety do you recommend?  Best place to get them?  Keep the bolt hold open? PSA custom extended safety lever work?

The cover for the threads for a flash hider need dremeled off.  Are the threads LH 1x14 MM?  What flash hiders do you recommend?  Best place to get them and parts?

1913 rail or for an AR brace?  What do you recommend?  Is the Zastava ones decent or ore there better ones on the market?  Which do you recommend?

You specific optic rails: Which do you recommend?

What other upgrades do you recommend?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, so i'll touch on the things i know.

Threads: They are 26mm. If you want something that works with 1x14, get a thread adapter. They're fairly common, but kind of unnecessary because most muzzle devices come in 26mm now. Personally, i like the Bulgarian 4 piece muzzle device.

Safety: I honestly don't think it needs to be replaced(i have huge hands tho), but the Krebs Yugo Safety is pretty sweet. If i were to replace it, i'd do that.

Rail: You can do 2 things. You can either drill into the top cover and use a pic rail(CNC Warrior and Stormwerks both have them) or you can go the no drill method and get an AK Master Mount. Granted, the Master Mount will be significantly more expensive, but it's completely reversible if you don't like it. Personally, i like the pic rail and i will probably add that.

Brace: I went with the CNC Warrior folding triangle brace. If your 92 is newer, it will come with the hole predrilled in the back, so it's a simple installation. If yours doesn't have the hole, just get the drill kit for like $20 and do it yourself. It takes like 5 minutes.

If you want different options, you can get a pic rail for the back of the receiver(attaches the same way as the triangle brace).

ALG AKT & Tapco G2 are nice triggers, those are worth looking at.

Note: There is no rear sling mount. You will need to add one if you plan to use a sling. One thing to look at is the Echo 93 AK sling mounts. They slide under the trigger guard and are easy to use. They even have some QD Mounts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for all the good information.

I have been looking and ordering some things, most are back ordered.

There aren't that many flash hiders that actually work for the 26 mm threads, maybe one from what I have seen on youtube, the 4 piece.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for all the good information.

I have been looking and ordering some things, most are back ordered.

There aren't that many flash hiders that actually work for the 26 mm threads, maybe one from what I have seen on youtube, the 4 piece.
View Quote

While they aren't as numerous as the traditional thread pitch, there are several options. Midwest industries alone makes 3. Manticore arms makes 2 that i am aware of, Spikes makes one. You can find a traditional krink booster as well. AK builder has 8 different muzzle devices listed. I'm sure there are more, those were just the ones i found with a quick google search.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, so i'll touch on the things i know.

Threads: They are 26mm. If you want something that works with 1x14, get a thread adapter. They're fairly common, but kind of unnecessary because most muzzle devices come in 26mm now. Personally, i like the Bulgarian 4 piece muzzle device.

Safety: I honestly don't think it needs to be replaced(i have huge hands tho), but the Krebs Yugo Safety is pretty sweet. If i were to replace it, i'd do that.

Rail: You can do 2 things. You can either drill into the top cover and use a pic rail(CNC Warrior and Stormwerks both have them) or you can go the no drill method and get an AK Master Mount. Granted, the Master Mount will be significantly more expensive, but it's completely reversible if you don't like it. Personally, i like the pic rail and i will probably add that.

Brace: I went with the CNC Warrior folding triangle brace. If your 92 is newer, it will come with the hole predrilled in the back, so it's a simple installation. If yours doesn't have the hole, just get the drill kit for like $20 and do it yourself. It takes like 5 minutes.

If you want different options, you can get a pic rail for the back of the receiver(attaches the same way as the triangle brace).

ALG AKT & Tapco G2 are nice triggers, those are worth looking at.

Note: There is no rear sling mount. You will need to add one if you plan to use a sling. One thing to look at is the Echo 93 AK sling mounts. They slide under the trigger guard and are easy to use. They even have some QD Mounts.
View Quote
Good info here.

I think the trigger is ok stock and never had an ounce of trouble out of it.

Brace: I went with an SBA3, but thats just personal preference.  Easy enough to install.

Safety: Never had any trouble out of mine.

Top rail:  I installed a Texas Weapons Systems dog leg top cover. https://www.texasweaponsystems.com/product-p/33316.htm  It was very well made and installed without much trouble.  It is a tight fit which is what you want if you intend to mount optics to it.

Forearm:  I installed a Midwest Industries Mlok rail.  Worked great for mounting a surefire scout light with reptilia body.

BUIS: UTG and Keltec both make back up iron sights at the correct height for your AK front sight.  They're cheap so I bought both.  Both work well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While they aren't as numerous as the traditional thread pitch, there are several options. Midwest industries alone makes 3. Manticore arms makes 2 that i am aware of, Spikes makes one. You can find a traditional krink booster as well. AK builder has 8 different muzzle devices listed. I'm sure there are more, those were just the ones i found with a quick google search.
View Quote

From what I have seen on youtube videos, most of those don't reduce flash much, if at all.  They are good for compensators.  The night videos were interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what I have seen on youtube videos, most of those don't reduce flash much, if at all.  They are good for compensators.  The night videos were interesting to watch.
View Quote
The 4-piece bulgarian flashhider both significantly reduces flash and pushes the concussive blast out in front of you.  It was an excellent purchase for me.

WRT a compensator, I'm not sure its necessary.  What is necessary is getting the "thump" out and away from you.  The concussion is ferocious on such a short barrel.  I didn't notice much if any muzzle rise.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top