Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/20/2023 1:58:12 AM EDT
Anyone know if the top area on a Yugo 59/66 gas block can be safely welded closed? Not the gas port inside, but the opening on top for the shut-off valve

I'm tinkering with a build and would like to remove the shut off valve completely, but curious what options id have closing up the hole left behind.  

Does the gas valve need to remain to keep the block functioning?  If so, maybe instead leave valve in there & in the open/semi position, then just cut off the button and weld it front top side instead

Of course I'd file dwn the weld to the contours of the block and reblue to make it look decent
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
CNC Warrior used to make an oversized gas valve that was fixed in the semi auto position. I bought one to fix cycling reliability issues and it works and looks really good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Murrays Gunsmithing I guess makes that too. I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed their GV-2 design, which uses a hex head set screw instead of the factory knob, sits almost flush with their stainless valve body, locking it in either semi or single shot mode without any permanent alteration. I might just give that a try
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doctorj77:
Murrays Gunsmithing I guess makes that too. I just got off the phone with them and they confirmed their GV-2 design, which uses a hex head set screw instead of the factory knob, sits almost flush with their stainless valve body, locking it in either semi or single shot mode without any permanent alteration. I might just give that a try
View Quote

Sounds like a plan
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:24:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doctorj77] [#4]
Tried the Murray's oversized valve. Fits like a glove & gives the look I was searching for

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doctorj77:
Tried the Murray's oversized valve. Fits like a glove & gives the look I was searching for

https://i.imgur.com/y89bmt8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZDVLzdV.jpg
View Quote

Hey, that gas tube looks familiar!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you again for it. I have my cerakoting guy lined up to do a wood grain on it to match with the stock

Between that and the oversized gas valve the fitment is super tight, so hopefully that aids in  operation.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top