Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.sgammo.com/product/tula/1000-round-case-762x39-8m3-124-grain-hollow-point-ammo-made-ulyanovsk-cartridge-works-u

IMO if you want some sweet HP that expands and creates a wicked wound cavity, get this ^.

Unfortunately it's from Tula, but atleast it has a sealed case mouth and primer so there is that.

Any wolf ammo/golden tiger that is cheap for plinking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The 8M3 hollow point "effect bullet" ammunition is imported by Tula but is actually manufactured by The Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works and it's excellent ammunition, but there's one caveat.

It's a hollow point design with a shorter OAL than the FMJ stuff so don't order too much before you determine that your rifle will shoot it reliably; quite a few won't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just in case you don't know there is an AK Ammo Forum.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Ammunition/54/

OP, I can let your thread run here or move it to the AK Ammo Forum.

If you want it moved, just say so.

eta, If I was buying 7.62x39, I would get Golden Tiger instead of Wolf, but that's me.
View Quote
I’m sorry. Yes, please move it to the correct forum. I guess I’d prefer FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolf, Tula, and Golden Tiger are all great, I love them all.

I'd buy at least a case of the Tula 8m3 if I were you, then get whichever Wolf, Tula, or Bear is cheapest. I don't like RAS because they've frequently changed country of origin/manufacturer, and I don't mess with the surplus corrosive since the modern stuff is cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought the 3rd one down on your list from them yesterday. They have the exact same thing in laquer coated but I didn't want that as it tends to gum up the chamber. I can shoot this at my indoor range.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 8M3 hollow point "effect bullet" ammunition is imported by Tula but is actually manufactured by The Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works and it's excellent ammunition, but there's one caveat.

It's a hollow point design with a shorter OAL than the FMJ stuff so don't order too much before you determine that your rifle will shoot it reliably; quite a few won't.
View Quote
Ah, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer golden tiger it's loaded with a m67 style boat tail jacket.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Copy on the golden tiger. I’ll order a case of it. Thanks fellers.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top