Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2018 10:16:04 PM EDT
I want to have my last Romy G kit built by a professional.

Rifle dynamics did one in 2008 for about $350 now it’s $900.

I’m looking for a standard, good quality build that doesn’t break the bank.  $300-$400 would be a good place to be but not sure what the going rat is these days.

Who do you recommend?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I could build it on an unfinished 80% blank that you then drill the axis pin holes for. That would keep it a non-firearm until you finish it since I don't work for an FFL anymore. Like this:

https://www.recreatorblanks.com/online-store/Romanian-G-Remilled-Parts-Set-p104131004

If that's something that you feel you could do, or would even care to do if you don't already have a receiver in hand.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
In Range Inc.

All day, every day.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to have my last Romy G kit built by a professional.

Rifle dynamics did one in 2008 for about $350 now it's $900.

I'm looking for a standard, good quality build that doesn't break the bank.  $300-$400 would be a good place to be but not sure what the going rat is these days.

Who do you recommend?
View Quote
$900 for a build?!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Two Rivers Arms.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep $900.

I don’t think they are that good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep $900.

I don't think they are that good.
View Quote
I think that about what I paid. A few years back. May have been 1k. Paid extra to have it moly coated and the wood refinished But wanted to retain the black stripe.
Got it back with the same crackled looking finish minus the black stripe and a funky looking rivet.
Still haven't put a round through it. Oh well
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Second post nailed it (is that a thing?)
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ken Kubin of Global Military Gunsmithing does very good work. He built my parts kit recently and I couldn’t be happier with it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
pretty happy with my Atlantic Barreled receiver Romanian kit.  Add fcg, furniture set and you have a complete rifle....ill post a pic later of mine.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pretty happy with my Atlantic Barreled receiver Romanian kit.  Add fcg, furniture set and you have a complete rifle....ill post a pic later of mine.
View Quote
He needs to have a kit built, not buy one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:34:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Two Rivers is considered the "go to" place right now. $900 for RD to do a build? LOL, fuller must be on bath salts or snorting his own ego with rolled up bills
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#12]
If I had to pick someone to build for me it would be Two Rivers or PoH.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I had to pick someone to build for me it would be Two Rivers or PoH.
View Quote
I forgot about Mario. He is actually local to me too (about 20 min away from my house to be exact). If I ever find a kit I want built, I will probably have him do the build, although his prices have gone up a bit
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I had "My Guns" out of Oregon do some AK work for me. I highly recommend him.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had "My Guns" out of Oregon do some AK work for me. I highly recommend him.
View Quote
As soon a CNC warrior ever gets 1/2 x 28 slant brakes in stock, Matt will have another one incoming for a Deban. I recommend him.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Two Rivers does a descent and affordable job.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
BR7.62 on the akforum.net does good work

And Matt at NWguns rewelded 8 kits for me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ken Kubin of Global Military Gunsmithing does very good work. He built my parts kit recently and I couldn’t be happier with it.
View Quote
I bought a PSL off him that he built it was a nightmare. First time out the trigger group came completely undone he used e clips but before that it didn't run 100%. Sent it back, he put a shepards hook in thinking that would fix the reliability, It didn't and also at this point i couldn't get the scope it came with to work and stay on the rifle no matter how much i adjusted the tension. Sent it back a second time, Got it back it ran 100% now, Still had the issue with scope not wanting to stay on. The scope mount fell apart later finding out it wasn't even the right style of clamp on the scope. The biggest thing since the gun was built on a TGK imported receiver it had a oversize scope rail. The dovetail had all the material removed off the bottom of the rail, the rail on the bottom was just bending and was starting to crack. Which also probably didnt help the scope it came with staying on but it just fell apart so i dont know.

I didnt really know what i was getting into at time i was only 18 at the time and had no real experience with ak side rails and scope mounts at the time. I ended up sending the gun off to Troy at In Range inc and he replaced the rail and gave everything a once over for me and i got a new scope and everything is good now but this was probably my most frustrating gun purchase ever. I will say Ken was very nice and took gun back every time but i just felt shouldnt of had all these issues to begin with.

Troy has done decent amount of work for me and everything has been great with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used him for transfers when I lived in the area. Did some FAL and FN-49 work for me, too. His Bren builds are very well-done, and he was always slammed with AK builds.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Highly recommend two river arms, they did some great work for me a while back.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn’t have rd change a flash hider. Inrange is gtg and two rivers for clones.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#22]
M-13 Industries in Las Vegas seems to have a good rep
I think I'm going to have them do my last Bulg 74 kit
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
M-13 Industry and InRange.

all good people and great work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
BR7.62 on the akforum.net does good work

And Matt at NWguns rewelded 8 kits for me.
View Quote
BR7.62

I promise you he’s top tier . Price is better than most company’s mentioned .

If you have a rare kit and don’t want it f**cked up then he’s the dude . For others looking at builders .

His business is bloss industries.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Troy Sellars/In Range recently built this for me.  He doesn't post prices on open forums, so I won't post what he charged, but it was in the range that you are looking for, including refinishing the metal [I had an original barrel, not a US barrel that had to be populated with barrel parts].  His turnaround time is down to about a month right now, I think.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Troy Sellars/In Range recently built this for me.  He doesn't post prices on open forums, so I won't post what he charged, but it was in the range that you are looking for, including refinishing the metal [I had an original barrel, not a US barrel that had to be populated with barrel parts].  His turnaround time is down to about a month right now, I think.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66166/20181221_115808_1__jpg-780293.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66166/20181221_115825_HDR_1__jpg-780294.JPG
View Quote
That looks pretty good.  I think I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That looks pretty good.  I think I'll give them a call.
View Quote
You can’t go wrong with Troy Sellars . He’s well respected in the AK community .
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Troy Sellars at InRange!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree he does good work, but I sent a second kit build for rework and he buldged the receveir and sent it back less the flash hider in parts.....cannot recommend him, he does not stand by his work.
Quoted:
Second post nailed it (is that a thing?)
View Quote
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top