Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 9:45:12 AM EDT
I have two M85NP's and I was going to trade one of them for an AR15 pistol so I could have a compact, lightweight weapon when on the trail. I'm rethinking that and exploring as an alternative of maybe putting one of them on a diet as much as possible. Maybe turning down the barrel, putting a folding buffer tube with a soft foam wrap like the AR pistols had when they first came out years ago and use iron sights only. Kinda like a Micro Draco chambered in 223.

What's involved? I would put an A2 birdcage flashhider and dump the 4-piece Bulgy I have so the gas port size would need to account for the lack of back-pressure that the Bulgy provides. Anybody have any data on this or know if it's been done? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
With the prices of m85s going up due to production ceasing, you could probably just find someone to trade you an slr106 pistol (8-8.5" barrel) for yours.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I would require shortening of the gas tube (this would be the most labor intensive part given the flange positions), gas piston, and handguards. If you were to swap the M85 handguards for AKSU pattern handguards, it would require the barrel to be turned down and the retainer replaced with a Russian/Bulgarian pattern (if the FSB diameter and the retainer diameter differences will allow).
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top