Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2022 10:17:52 PM EDT
Thinking about trying one in conjunction with an Aimpoint COMP M5 vs T2 micro. I was even thinking about a Picatinny  mount to get it up slightly higher, since the AK in question will be using an AR buttstock.

Namely, what I want to know is if these mounts hold up with time and use? No screws backing out, etc?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller, Bueller? Anyone? I should have posted this in the main AK discussion area I guess, but it is an "optics" question.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:48:41 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the guys who posts here regularly has a YouTube channel and talked about these in a video regarding AK upgrades.

AK upgrade video

He's a former SF guy so I trust his opinion on the durability of these. I will say that if having back up irons is important to you that you will not get that without using the rather narrow selection of optics they make these for. The only non Aimpoint options that cowitness are the Sig romeo 5 the new primary arms T1 clone and a few Holosun options. I will be trying their 509T mount on my next project.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive used the micro and rmr version. Both are rock solid and still allow the weapon to be field stripped. I'd recommend them
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally. Thank you. I saw his video. I definitely trust him.

I’ll see if they can make me an OD green one for my AK
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Instead of a drop test i will take something make of wood like a ruler or dowel and tap on mounts with a rubber hammer to see if I can get them to walk.
The attero i bought a couple years ago, had some play; this is what i did to take up the slack:

Buy a $5 feeler guage from Harbor Freight & sacrafice the best fitting blade to make a U-shapped shim. I used .007 in my M70 zpap. Also #8-32 hex cap screw fits snug in the sight block hole, just tap the mount.
Also made a shim for the front sight channel as well.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the guys who posts here regularly has a YouTube channel and talked about these in a video regarding AK upgrades.

AK upgrade video

He's a former SF guy so I trust his opinion on the durability of these. I will say that if having back up irons is important to you that you will not get that without using the rather narrow selection of optics they make these for. The only non Aimpoint options that cowitness are the Sig romeo 5 the new primary arms T1 clone and a few Holosun options. I will be trying their 509T mount on my next project.
View Quote

@stukas87
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Best red dot mount for the money
Mine have held zero just fine over the last year I have been using them.
" />
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#10]

I actually like the Aesthetics of that gun with that weird top rail replaced tbh.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I mounted one to a PSA AK104.  The rear sits high.  Read through some Youtube comments and looks like it's a common issue with PSA sight bases.  I emailed Attero to see if they can offer a solution.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Instead of a drop test i will take something make of wood like a ruler or dowel and tap on mounts with a rubber hammer to see if I can get them to walk.
The attero i bought a couple years ago, had some play; this is what i did to take up the slack:

Buy a $5 feeler guage from Harbor Freight & sacrafice the best fitting blade to make a U-shapped shim. I used .007 in my M70 zpap. Also #8-32 hex cap screw fits snug in the sight block hole, just tap the mount.

https://i.imgur.com/vKZOx5u.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Bkg8pw3.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/WgkSVwA.jpg?1

View Quote

Thanks for the tips
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Best red dot mount for the money
Mine have held zero just fine over the last year I have been using them.
https://i.imgur.com/vhldRdz.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/vhldRdz.jpg
View Quote

Thank you! I really enjoy your channel. Much more informative than 99% of what’s published out there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Interested in one of these to run a Micro on my Maadi.

Is the iron sight at all useable?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Interested in one of these to run a Micro on my Maadi.

Is the iron sight at all useable?
View Quote

The mount replaces the rear sight but has a back-up machined into it giving a lower third sight picture for your irons.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Only complaint I had was that once mounted, reinstalling the receiver dust cover was really difficult.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I got one, it's great.  Only 160 rounds with it but so far so good.

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been using one for years on my SBR'd Draco.

Love it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I post this photo of the Attero pic rail mount all the time but have since removed it, I ended up ZenitCo-ing the 74 UF (otherwise it would still be there). My Attero was rock solid for many years on my 74 UF

I didn't take any classes with this rifle but it has still earned my respect (and you know how picky I am on optic mounts). I am going to find another rifle to permanently assign the Attero to, I really do like how well it works

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I have one on my draco with a PA red dot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/vKZOx5u.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Bkg8pw3.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/WgkSVwA.jpg?1

View Quote

This is the way the TWS bitty dot mounts attach, with a screw. Which is why I use them instead of Attero.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Attero Mount with TWS hardware is the way to go ;)
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I tried one of the Attero bravo mounts on my PSA gen 5 E rifle and it fits very well. No more side mounts for me and I'll be switching to bravo mounts going forward on all my other AK's.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Does any else have an issue with not being able to take off the top cover when mounted?

Using an Aimpoint H1 on a U.S. made SAM5 with stock cover and it seems like the screws holding the sight to the mount are causing interference.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does any else have an issue with not being able to take off the top cover when mounted?

Using an Aimpoint H1 on a U.S. made SAM5 with stock cover and it seems like the screws holding the sight to the mount are causing interference.
View Quote

The top cover on my SLR-106 needs to be wiggled around a bit in order to finally seat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The top cover on my SLR-106 needs to be wiggled around a bit in order to finally seat.
View Quote

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I cannot remove the Ak top cover when the attero mount is screwed down.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I cannot remove the Ak top cover when the attero mount is screwed down.
View Quote

I’m able to take off and install my dust cover on my Yugo but not on my Romanian rifles
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Another happy customer here.  Attero with RMR on a SLR106.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’m able to take off and install my dust cover on my Yugo but not on my Romanian rifles
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all going to be based on tolerances most likely.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#30]
What's the aversion to side mounts? The RS Regulate is certainly light enough and probably the most low profile of side mounts out there
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What's the aversion to side mounts? The RS Regulate is certainly light enough and probably the most low profile of side mounts out there
View Quote

It's an extra thing hanging off the side of the AK and get in the way with sling transitions.

I have in my possession the picatinny version of the Attero mount. I intend to mount it to my SAM-5 but have not had time. I'm lucky to get 1-2 quality days a month to shoot and work on my guns these days.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top