Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2021 10:36:01 AM EDT
Hey!
I'm not really an AK guy so I don't know what options there are out there for an "over the bore", 1913 rail scope mount for my PSL.  It has the side mount rail on it from the factory but, again, I'm not too familiar with the system.

If you have a suggestion, and have a source for it, please give a link.

Thanks!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
http://ultimak.com

The folks in the link above have a great railed gas tube for the AK guns. I have used them with both Red Dot Sights and Intermediate eye relief scopes, on Mini 14s and AKs. Very solid set up that has never failed me. Currently I have a PA RDS on a Mak90. It sits on a quick detach base and the return to zero after cleaning has been spot on. Give them a try.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I can tell you that the Midwest industries mount while being tank solid still isn't centered over the bore.
I have yet to fire my psl with that scope now mounted.
But it has to be better than accidentally shooting the target stands or the neighbors target with the commie scope.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://ultimak.com
The folks in the link above have a great railed gas tube for the AK guns. I have used them with both Red Dot Sights and Intermediate eye relief scopes, on Mini 14s and AKs. Very solid set up that has never failed me. Currently I have a PA RDS on a Mak90. It sits on a quick detach base and the return to zero after cleaning has been spot on. Give them a try.
View Quote

Gee Zus Cripes!  Do you even PSL bro?  This has got to be one of the single most uninformed responses to a good question I've EVER seen on a gun forum...

ANYWAY, I actually own a PSL but you don't need to know that suggesting an Ultimak as a scope mounting solution for one is supremely ignorant.  

I also, not coincidentally, have a Texas Weapon System PSL rail system that I haven't installed because my preference is to see what I can wring out of the factory optic before I mess with it, but you might want to start there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I also, not coincidentally, have a Texas Weapon System PSL rail system that I haven't installed because my preference is to see what I can wring out of the factory optic before I mess with it, but you might want to start there.
View Quote

---------------------------------------------

Yes, a great mount, but they have been out of stock since I first posted this inquiry.
Thanks for the input!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
---------------------------------------------

Yes, a great mount, but they have been out of stock since I first posted this inquiry.
Thanks for the input!
TheMULE
View Quote

If I end up NOT using mine I'll let you know, I also have the guide wire w/retainer cap, I just need to (try) to get it dialed in first with the COMBLOC crap first...I rather keep it original than modernize it, which I do NOT have a problem yet, but in the case of the PSL I'm gonna keep it as OG as possible (just don't tell anyone about the KNS piston!).
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If I end up NOT using mine I'll let you know, I also have the guide wire w/retainer cap, I just need to (try) to get it dialed in first with the COMBLOC crap first...I rather keep it original than modernize it, which I do NOT have a problem yet, but in the case of the PSL I'm gonna keep it as OG as possible (just don't tell anyone about the KNS piston!).
View Quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be great if you did!  
If you do, contact me directly through my e-mail, for some reason the messaging here doesn't work for me.
Thanks!
TheMULE
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be great if you did!  
If you do, contact me directly through my e-mail, for some reason the messaging here doesn't work for me.
Thanks!
TheMULE
View Quote

It's up in the EE now Mule!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Texas-Weapons-System-PSL-Gen2-Dog-Leg-Rail/123-2189268/
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top