Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2020 2:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NeedsMoreMausers]
Hey guys, so I was very excited to pick up this arsenal as it was setup almost exactly how i wanted it...however just got done taking it down, and now I'm thinking theres a whole lot more work involved.

I initially noticed the RMR was off by a bit, mounted on an Attero arms bravo mount, but upon further inspection it seems the rifle itself is off.

From what I can tell, and tried to show, is that the receiver is bent/warped starting around the front of the magwell. Looking at the end of the bore vs the rest of the rifle is a pretty big giveaway.

Heres a link to the whole album of pics:

https://imgur.com/a/3xQEDyZ

Thoughts guys? Thanks

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like canted sight block. Very common for AK. And probably within factory specs.
It is possible to drive pins out, rotate block (may or may not be EZ), re-drill pin holes and drive pins back.
I would just leave it as is.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Not uncommon. Sucks that it happened on an expensive rifle like an Arsenal. I can definitely understand any concern or frustration. But if it’ll zero then you’re in business.  Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This is an example of QC issues on the most recent guns.  Very concerning based on what these commend for pricing.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top