Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2023 10:48:08 PM EDT
Just picked up WBP762 Jack rifle and I’m extremely impressed.

I have a few higher end AKs, including Arsenal and Saiga  both SLG 21 and 31.  WBP Rifle is much better quality than arsenal Russian and Serbian Zastavas.  Fit machining and finish is leaps over all the other brands.

The only thing that either OEM rifles have is the military legacy that WBP does not have.  However, they collaborate very closely with FB Radom. I would suspect that Jack would do just fine.

Update

I was able to shoot the rifle.  Only ran 30 rounds but it was all flawless.  
To me the rifle seems little over gassed.  Not sure how others feel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Appreciate the input.  I've been on the fence regarding a Jack versus an Zastava.  I/m going to do one or the other soon.  The Jack takes standard furniture, the M70 is just a bit different than my standard pattern AKMs... both have allure.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack is very close clone of AKM.  Zastava on the other hand is the yougoslavian pattern.  Yugoslavs did their own thing.  It is a mix of AK parts with the RPK receiver with their own furniture patter.

Sill very nice overbuilt rifle.  I have the OPAP and ZPAP and few kit built rifles.  Like them a lot too.  But Polish rifles, ether FB Radom or WBP are just much better overall quality guns in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a WBP Jack underfolder? Or are they all fixed stocks?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
A couple of years ago when I was into building AKs, I built a couple off of WBP kits.  The parts were the best I had ever dealt with.  I've built rifles from Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, and East German parts.  WBP polish parts were top.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just picked up WBP762 Jack rifle and I’m extremely impressed.

I have a few higher end AKs, including Arsenal and Saiga  both SLG 21 and 31.  WBP Rifle is much better quality than arsenal Russian and Serbian Zastavas.  Fit machining and finish is leaps over all the other brands.
View Quote

WBP should learn from those higher end rifle manufacturers how to correctly rivet properly designed scope mount.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
100% agreed.  I have made comments before.  I dont like it how it is installed.  In fact I waned the one without the mount but had really good deal on this one.

Not sure if there will be a problem with the receiver as rear trunion and scope rivets are way too close.  But I think there are enough of these out there that the problem would have surfaced.   Maybe not enough rounds through them, don’t know.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, your rifle is a good choice from reviews I've read. Plan more range time, soon!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been in the AK game for 25 years, so I know thing or two.

Jack is a solid rifle but still I would prefer one without the mount.
My first Ak was an Arsenal SLR 95 in 1997 for $280.. Still have it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been in the AK game for 25 years, so I know thing or two.

My first Ak was an Arsenal SLR 95 in 1997 for $280.. Still have it.
View Quote

I me and the cookie makers remeber the days you could go to a gun show with that kind of money and buy 'one of those surplus commie guns' a couple thousand rounds of ammo for that kind of money!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://atlanticfirearms.com/wbp-762sr-jack-ak47-rifle

https://armsofamerica.com/wbp-jack-rifle---7.62x39-sr-eta-q1-2023-/
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Those would be great old school AKM clones, except for the giant paddle magazine release and tacticool safety. Talk about punting it into the stands.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Those would be great old school AKM clones, except for the giant paddle magazine release and tacticool safety. Talk about punting it into the stands.
View Quote

Agreed. All he asked for was railless, so I was happy to share. I'm just thrilled that we can still buy a non-railed new production AK.

Those parts are fairly easily swapped anyway.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Agreed. All he asked for was railless, so I was happy to share. I'm just thrilled that we can still buy a non-railed new production AK.

Those parts are fairly easily swapped anyway.

View Quote

Wasn't calling you out, and I agree they are just about perfect rail-less AKs, almost. The safety is a 30-second swap, but the magazine catch is not. Besides, who wants to have to swap essential parts on a brand new gun? It's just a "face-palm" choice of features on an otherwise classic, old-school styled AK.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Jack is standard AKM less smooth cover.   Fox has the rail mounting points and funky mag paddle
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wasn't calling you out, and I agree they are just about perfect rail-less AKs, almost. The safety is a 30-second swap, but the magazine catch is not. Besides, who wants to have to swap essential parts on a brand new gun? It's just a "face-palm" choice of features on an otherwise classic, old-school styled AK.
View Quote

No offense taken at all, brutha.

To your point, I was so disappointed in the non-railed Jack (for the reasons mentioned) after it was released that I cancelled my pending order. I’d been waiting so long for it to come out that I was actually kinda pissed at the unnecessary mods. I eventually reordered it, but only after it went on sale.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No offense taken at all, brutha.

To your point, I was so disappointed in the non-railed Jack (for the reasons mentioned) after it was released that I cancelled my pending order. I’d been waiting so long for it to come out that I was actually kinda pissed at the unnecessary mods. I eventually reordered it, but only after it went on sale.
View Quote

I came >< close to buying one last year, but in the end, I just didn't want to have to dick around with swapping out the magazine catch. I sent an email to AOA about it and they replied, said they'd received similar feedback and passed it onto WBP hoping for a change. We'll see.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I came >< close to buying one last year, but in the end, I just didn't want to have to dick around with swapping out the magazine catch. I sent an email to AOA about it and they replied, said they'd received similar feedback and passed it onto WBP hoping for a change. We'll see.
View Quote

If they correct it, I'll definitely be pissed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top