Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2022 2:01:00 PM EDT
Years ago, I purchased a Robinson Arms VEPR in 7.62x39.  Easily the best AK I've ever owned but it was manufactured during the AWB and doesn't have a threaded barrel.  I noticed that the price of these has skyrocketed again and I'm wondering if threading the barrel will make any difference in the price if I ever choose to sell it.  It is completely stock and I know a lot of people would prefer the rifle stay that way but some people would really prefer a threaded barrel.  I have an opportunity to have it threaded next weekend by one of the bigger names in the suppressor industry.  I had a coworker offer me 2k for it last summer.  Is threading it going to seriously impact it's value?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to say for sure.
For me it would add value since that’s the original configuration before the neutering. Beyond threading you might consider having the front site drilled for a spring and detent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I never even thought about that.  All of my other firearms have come threaded so I've never looked into it much.  I believe their service is about $100 for the threading.  They are going to be at a local gunshow and had a flier that said to bring your barrels in for threading so I'm assuming they will be taking them back with them and shipping them out.  There's no chance in hell I'm removing the barrel itself so the whole rifle will probably have to go, if that's a possibility (I've never shipped a firearm either.)  Is that the most likely outcome?  They aren't going to require me to actually remove the barrel, are they?

I believe the shipping will be $20-40 so roughly $130 all together without drilling a detent.  Does that seem like a fair price?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top