Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2023 8:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Voland]
STOP, READ THE THREAD BEFORE BUYING.

Centerfire systems has Turkish mags for 3.99. Not sure if they are any good, but for the money, I got 20 to try...

https://centerfiresystems.com/ak-47-7.62x39-30rd-polymer-magazine/

Eta: these are cheap plastic maga with plastic lugs and feed lips. I would not buy again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How are they making money off these? Did they buy them for $.87 each?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:
How are they making money off these? Did they buy them for $.87 each?
View Quote

It's really not that expensive to make them. They have a bunch of old men, sitting around, barefoot. Melting down old Barbies into mag bodies and forging vintage steel hotweels into springs...

Honestly,  I have no idea how they are that cheap, but if they work, they will be fine for range or 3rd line mags for those that didn't get the comblock ones for five bucks a pop back in the day...

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Voland:

It's really not that expensive to make them. They have a bunch of old men, sitting around, barefoot. Melting down old Barbies into mag bodies and forging vintage steel hotweels into springs...

Honestly,  I have no idea how they are that cheap, but if they work, they will be fine for range or 3rd line mags for those that didn't get the comblock ones for five bucks a pop back in the day...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They are that cheap because the Turkish Lira is worthless and they want dollars, badly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:

They are that cheap because the Turkish Lira is worthless and they want dollars, badly.
View Quote

Just got mine. They are not worth the four bucks. My apologies to everyone that I even posted this. They might be ok as range mags but I bet they will not last 20 mag changes...
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Give us more details about them. I assume a plastic locking lug.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Give us more details about them. I assume a plastic locking lug.
View Quote

Sorry, just saw this. Yes, and it's pretty brittle plastic to boot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
These are perfect to stack deep in the closet though. They ain’t gotta be 100% for that purpose.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:
These are perfect to stack deep in the closet though. They ain’t gotta be 100% for that purpose.
View Quote

For me, the ones in the closet need to be 100... these are barely range mags...
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]

For me, the ones in the closet need to be 100... these are barely range mags...
View Quote

Nah. The lessons of my father when black follower GI mags were $75 a pop in the 90s. I own mags for guns I don’t even have. There’s a box of $2 cetme mags in the closet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve been hording the RTG German commercial mags for $5. They have metal lugs and they work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought 5 of these earlier in the year - they were like 5/$20 and I was ordering some other parts.

They worked, they are indeed cheaper plastic.  Not sure how durable ( I don't think they will drop test well ) I only tried them a few times.  I think the RTG bulk mags with friends is the way to go.

Better than nothing, probably okay for the money.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Last year i got the IMG AK-47 7.62x39 30rd Polymer Magazines 5 Pack for $20 very brittle plastic mags the feed lips broke on a few.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought 8 when they were $3.99, around $40 with shipping. I agree they are cheap plastic and probably won't last with much use. BUT, holy cow do they have some strong springs in them. Then I got to wondering if they would fit in the old surplus worn out mags I bought years ago that need new springs. So I took a Turkish one and an old surplus apart and compared the springs. Turkish one is longer and just a tad different, but it assembled just fine in the surplus mag body. The magazine took 30 rounds, although the last two were a bit difficult to load. Night and day difference from the original spring.

I haven't shot the "new" magazine yet, but if it runs good, I'll buy more of the Turk mags if they go on sale for $3.99 again. The cheapest I found new AK mag springs for is in the $7.50 range before shipping. About five bucks for a new spring, hell yeah.

And as a bonus the old spring fit in the Turk magazine. So, I will run those until they break and then toss them, but keep the old springs just in case.

Toad
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ToadFZ09:
I bought 8 when they were $3.99, around $40 with shipping. I agree they are cheap plastic and probably won't last with much use. BUT, holy cow do they have some strong springs in them. Then I got to wondering if they would fit in the old surplus worn out mags I bought years ago that need new springs. So I took a Turkish one and an old surplus apart and compared the springs. Turkish one is longer and just a tad different, but it assembled just fine in the surplus mag body. The magazine took 30 rounds, although the last two were a bit difficult to load. Night and day difference from the original spring.

I haven't shot the "new" magazine yet, but if it runs good, I'll buy more of the Turk mags if they go on sale for $3.99 again. The cheapest I found new AK mag springs for is in the $7.50 range before shipping. About five bucks for a new spring, hell yeah.

And as a bonus the old spring fit in the Turk magazine. So, I will run those until they break and then toss them, but keep the old springs just in case.

Toad
View Quote

Now that's a cool idea, and a great first post, welcome to the forum!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is one of the broken feed lip mags.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]
These mags are now $10 each, before shipping. The RTG are still better deal.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top