Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2021 7:08:47 PM EDT
The PSA waffle mags have been out for a bit and I hadn't seen a torture test on one so I figured I'd give it a go myself.

Before the video; some of the mag's features:
-steel reinforced lips, lugs, and base of the magazine near the floorplate
-proprietary follower
-US made for those that care about 922R

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
@1:20: "I've had them for a couple of weeks and they've been 100% flawless in several different AKs."
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@1:20: "I've had them for a couple of weeks and they've been 100% flawless in several different AKs."
View Quote

I can only report the truth man.   Is what it is.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the Bulgarian steel reinforced polymer: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/bulgarian-ak-47-7-62x39mm-30-round-reinforced-steel-lug-polymer-magazine.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The PSA waffle mags have been out for a bit and I hadn't seen a torture test on one so I figured I'd give it a go myself.

Before the video; some of the mag's features:
-steel reinforced lips, lugs, and base of the magazine near the floorplate
-proprietary follower
-US made for those that care about 922R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePvNsw7v2xY
View Quote

you forgot one feature "your AK will break before the mag"

Great review and test, it certainly took more punishment than any mag test I've seen.  I'm getting a few for use, and I'd 2nd the idea of testing the latest generation of Bulgarian Commercial mags that have the steal lugs and feed lips as sold via Gunmagwarehouse and Atlantic.

With all the poly mag options out there - magpul, Bulgy commercial gen2, PSA, AC Unity (well, they are OK) - there are a ton of options for those of us who have plenty of steal combloc that are tired of lugging those things around in plate carriers, lol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the review. I am going to order two p mag gen 3!and two PSA and try them out.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Got some these. They work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
How did I miss this video!

Have you tested the SHK AK mags? I saw the AR mag review and the KCI review. I just bought 12 SHK and got them in. Really nice mags. I hope they fit my PSA GF3. I will be testing out tonight.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top