Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2021 8:39:32 PM EDT
I was practically given a milled mak 90 years ago . Slant cut.  I in buttholed the stock. Put an ironwood set on it. Stained dark red.  In a thinning of the herd at Christmas I sold it.  Made money on it. But sold it at a bargain.  Now wished I still had a milled AK. I got weak and pissed I got rid of it and ordered an Galil Ace Gen 2 5.56 today. It’s an ugly bastard but nice at the same time. Attachment Attached File
.    This is the sold mak with my molot VEPR
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Made money on it.
View Quote

Never a good reason to sell a firearm unless you have a store full of them.

I've sold one gun because I hated it, a Walther P-22. But the guy who bought it loved P-22s and knew how to tune them to make them good.

I have one other AR I would sell because I am totally neutral about it and several other similar rifles. I consider it "working spare parts."

Nice job staining the furniture. New owner is surely enjoying that.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, that's gotta hurt. Those Chinese AKs, even MAKs, are nicely built and finished rifles. I don't sell shit, but I have lost bids on some stuff that I'd really like to have, but you can't take back what is done, so chalking it up is all you can do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You sold a  Vepr AND chinese gun for a Galil Ace Gen II?
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold my Chinese type 56 AKM about 6 years ago no regrets. Got a sam7sf and a zpap now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You sold a  Vepr AND chinese gun for a Galil Ace Gen II?
View Quote

No. Just the mak.  I only decently decided I wanted an Galil
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No. Just the mak.  I only decently decided I wanted an Galil
View Quote

Thank god.
Seriously though: just enjoy it while you have it. Life is too short to regret anything.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I can relate.

A few years ago I sold my converted 5.45 VEPR because it was a safe queen and superfluous (I thought) in my collection of 5.45 AK's. I vaguely recall having paid around $1,300 for the rifle and sold it for $1,500. Given the massive $200 profit that was a pretty smart decision to sell, wasn't it???

The happy ending is that I still have my SGL-31, SLR-104, really nice non-Century Tantal, a sweet Bulgy built by Mark Graham (Arizona Response Systems), and Galil Ace pistol and rifle in 5.45. The Galil rifle sort of reminds me of the VEPR in terms of machining, fit and finish, and overall high quality. Still, I wish I hadn't let go of that VEPR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My SLR 106.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Plum folder for the win
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top