Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 11:25:44 AM EDT
I just order some of these from Brownells believing they're the same type of grip.  Are they?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Tango Down OEM'd the grip for US Palm.

The current US Palm grips are made/owned by Century... I'd go with tango down
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tango Down OEM'd the grip for US Palm.

The current US Palm grips are made/owned by Century... I'd go with tango down
View Quote

Thanks.  I ordered a few TD last week.  Now if I could just get Fed Ex to figure out what happened to this 2 day air package?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The TD AK grip is one of the best on the market imo. Like Capt_Destro said, they used to make the US Palm grip before Century bought US Palm.
One thing to note, the Tango Down grip has a rubber floor plug for grip storage, iirc I believe that the new US Palm grips don't have that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The TD AK grip is one of the best on the market imo. Like Capt_Destro said, they used to make the US Palm grip before Century bought US Palm.
One thing to note, the Tango Down grip has a rubber floor plug for grip storage, iirc I believe that the new US Palm grips don't have that.
View Quote

That's what I keep hearing and why I wanted to try them out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they are the same design. I have a bunch of the TDs on my AKs and like them more than all the other grips I've tried over the years.

I think TD was the original manufacturer and then they parted ways and I think both retained rights to the design or something. Dunno who makes the US Palm grips now.

If you want bakelite or tan color grip US Palm is probably the best choice. I went with TD because I like the little pocket in the grip for storing my Form 4s.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top