Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2023 10:19:15 PM EDT
Anybody know what size the hinge base pin retaining clip is for a TWS dogleg rail gen 3? I totally boogered mine up trying to get it on and need to buy a new one, or probably a pack of them.

Also, I suppose I shouldn't fire it without the retaining clip?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
E-clips
View Quote

Thanks, I missed that on their store. Although, $8.99 shipping so I'd  still like to find out the size of the clip and just get a pack from Home Depot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, I missed that on their store. Although, $8.99 shipping so I'd  still like to find out the size of the clip and just get a pack from Home Depot.
View Quote

I believe they are a 5/32, but don't hold me to that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I believe they are a 5/32, but don't hold me to that.
View Quote

I have the mangled remains of the TWS clip so I'll take that with to Home Depot and eyeball it. Thanks again good sir.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Take the pin with you to ACE where their fasteners are loose in bins and test fit them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Little update, I got a couple of 5/32 clips from Lowes and tried again but no joy. Turns out the rear sight block on my PSA AK74 is a little different than normal. The hinge pin was just barely through enough to show a small part of the groove that the e-clip goes into. It was not enough to actually seat the e-clip.  Messaged TWS about it and included some photos, they responded that they were aware of some PSA AK's having this issue, and are sending a modified hinge pin and a couple of e-clips.

Really impressed with TWS customer service, they were very prompt in responding and providing a solution to my issue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Little update, I got a couple of 5/32 clips from Lowes and tried again but no joy. Turns out the rear sight block on my PSA AK74 is a little different than normal. The hinge pin was just barely through enough to show a small part of the groove that the e-clip goes into. It was not enough to actually seat the e-clip.  Messaged TWS about it and included some photos, they responded that they were aware of some PSA AK's having this issue, and are sending a modified hinge pin and a couple of e-clips.

Really impressed with TWS customer service, they were very prompt in responding and providing a solution to my issue.
View Quote

Nice. I was actually going to suggest modding it. But they take care of their customers.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top