Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 12:12:04 PM EDT
So I am new to the AK game and was wondering what the pros and cons were on these two pistols.  I was looking at getting either the WBP Mini Jack or the Zastava ZPAP92.  I plan on sending off the forms to SBR it once I get one.  Any guidance is appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are pretty new.  Nobody's had one of either of them long enough to put any real miles on it.  At this point, its a tossup between those.

Zastava is a yugo gun made in a real war factory.  So there's that.  The older zastavas get a bit of a reputation for receivers cracking.  Rob Ski's npap (precursor to the zpap) lasted through the 5000 rounds test but pictures after his last episode showed the receiver was cracking.
The WBP is built in a commercial factory with no experience making guns for militaries.  Everybody that has one seems to be happy with them.  Fit and finish is good.  I can't say I've seen anybody complain about any WBP AK in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the WBP Lynx Tactial. It has a railed sight block instead of a leaf spring rear sight. The picatinny rails are not to US specs. I had to machine mine to fit the Geissele MRO mount.

Other than that, its ran fine. I've only had issues with subsonic ammunition. All else has been 100%. I have maybe 2000 rounds through it, so not a lot...
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks everyone.  I am leaning more towards the Mini Jack, mainly because it takes standard AK hand guards..
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top