Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/5/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
Found a Romarm(?) WASR10 AK-47 for $500. Can get it for $425. Are these any good? Has a wooden  thumbhole stock and no threaded muzzle.

Can these be converted to double stack easily? I have read that there are problems doing so.  Are single stack AK47 magazines reliable? Can you still buy them cheap?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good price. I've seen them go for $700 at gun shows. I've never seen a single stack magazine for sale, so I assume they are somewhat rare. And yes, you can open up the mag well. The following doesn't explain the process, but it gives you an idea what you'll need to do to open it up-

Mag well instructions

And yes, they are a great rifle. I've had mine for many years, goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, youtube is your friend -

Youtube
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
if I'm not mistaken, ALL of the WASRs imported to the USA from Cugir by Century are imported as Single stacks and then the magwell is widened out here in the states.

Try and knock the price down and then send it to a reputable shop to have the magwell redone and possibly give it a once over for any other issues (canted sights, etc).  or redo it yourself with a 6 pack and a dremel
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in September of 2005 I bought a single stack WASR-10 from Sarco for $159.00

About 30 minutes later with a die grinder and a template I made from dimensions of a double stack magazine with the corners rounded off,  I had a $300 value double stack WASR!

This was a pistol grip version that had all of the 922 (r) compliance parts already installed including a TAPCO G2 FCG! I was shocked they were able to sell them this cheap even back then!
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a single wasr 10 that was purchased in 2002. Trigger slap is really bad so replace the trigger...

I ended up purchasing 25 10rnd single stack mags from a dealer who went out of business at a $1.00 a mag and 15 5rnd single stack mags for the same price.

The mags are not cheap anymore..

They function fine... Function just as good as my SAR 1..

If it was me I would look for a used SAR1 or WASR-10 Hi-cap instead..  Mags are cheaper and easier to obtain.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
dupe
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The 2017s are wonderful. Much improved over earlier versions.Very pleased with them.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top